The New Year is Here…With More “Fun and Interesting Things To Do” in Coastal Carolina! Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort in North Carolina is just 3 miles from Little River, South Carolina…Making it Truly the Two State Solution to Fun! Checkout this month’s Coastal Living News and Events.
31st Annual North Myrtle Beach Winter Run 5K and 15K
January 25, 2014 at 9am
McLean Park…Main Street of North Myrtle Beach
Registration Before 1/23/14: 5K $20 With Shirt & $15 Without Shirt 15K $25 With Shirt & $20 Without Shirt
Registration After 1/23/14: 5K $25 With Shirt & $20 without Shirt 15K $30 With Shirt & $25 Without Shirt
For complete information, and to Register for the Race, Go to www.grandstrandrunner.com
- Thursday, February 13, 2014: 5pm Runner’s Expo
- Friday, February 14, 2014: 11am Runner’s Expo
- Friday, February 14, 2014: 5:30pm Ripley’s Aquarium Family Run
- Friday, February 14, 2014 : 6:30 pm Junior Post Race Party at Ripley’s Aquarium
- Friday, February 14, 2014: 7pm Neon Night 5K…Venue: Myrtle Beach Pelicans @ 1251 21st Ave. North
- Saturday, February 15, 2014: 6:30am Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay
- Saturday, February 15, 2014: 5pm House of Blues Post Race Party
- All participants must register online or complete & sign a registration form.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign for participants under 18 years of age on race day.
- Half Marathon participants must complete the half course in 4 hours.
- Marathon participants must complete the course in 7 hours.
- Participants in the 5K must complete the course in 1 hour.
- On-line registration closes at Midnight,EST, February 5, 2014.
- Expo registration is strongly discouraged. Runner shirts cannot be guaranteed for Expo registration
- Event registration will close without notice when the established registration count is reached ….SIGN UP EARLY!
- There are Registration Fees… (12/15/13 – 2/5/14) **MB Marathon $125, ** Dasani Half $115, **Neon Night5K $35 online Or at $50 Expo ** Ripley’s Fun Run $15 online & at Expo, ** Marathon Team Relay $175 Per Team
Go to http://mbmarathon.com to register and for more info The Myrtle Beach Marathon is much more than a marathon. Throughout this site you will get a taste of the wild celebrations that are planned for all competitors, both local & visitors! The Myrtle Beach Marathon started as a way for runners to give back! Many charities are supported thorough a portion of the registration fee as well as direct contributions. Charities include :Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Coastal Carolina Chapter of the American Red Cross, & Horry Country Schools. Beginning in 2103, the Rare Species Fund, a non-profit wildlife conservation group located in Myrtle Beach, SC was added to the recipient list. The Institute for Greatly Endangered & Rare Species (T.I.G.E.R.S.) houses a stunning group of the world’s most rare & endangered species, some of which you will meet during exciting animal encounters scheduled throughout the 3 day event! Marathon Expo and Race Headquarters
- Location: Myrtle Convention Center, 21st Ave. N & Oak street, Myrtle, Beach, SC
- Hours: 5pm – 9pm, Thursday, February 13, 2014…11AM- 9PM, Friday, February 14.
- FREE and Open to the Public
- Marathon sponsors & Merchandise vendors will be presented at the Expo.
- Official Marathon merchandise will be available at the Expo!
Mid-Winter SOS (Society of Shaggers)
North Myrtle Beach, Various Events throughout the area. For more info, Call 843 – 281 – 2662 Or Visit www.shagdance.com
National Shag Dance Championship Preliminaries
31st Anniversary ! Come see the Stars Dancing!
- January 24 – January 25, 2014…Runs through Jan. 24 & Jan. 25, 2014
- 8pm Each Night & $20 Per Person
- Location: Spanish Galleon @ 100 N. Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach, SC
- More Info: Phone: 843 – 222 – 6706
Long bay Symphony
Music That Inspires!
Musical Narrative…Featuring The Carolina Master Chorale: Jeffrey Jones, baritone
Enjoy Symphonic music’s power to portray emotions & paint pictures, and “Tell a Story”!… From a great Shakespeare drama to an epic biblical tale, a journey down a Bohemian River, and even a roller coaster ride!
- Sunday, January 19 @ 4pm
- Myrtle Beach High School Music & Arts Center
- Reservations: 843 – 448 – 8379
Youth Orchestra Winter Concert
- Sunday, January 26 @ 5pm
- Myrtle Beach High School Music & Arts Center
- Tickets available through the Long Bay Symphony office – 843 – 448 – 8379…Also at Door: Adults $10 & Students $5
Dancing and Romancing – a Broadway Spectacular – With the Long Bay Symphony
Myrtle Beach Rotary Club Benefit Concert: Featuring songs from classic & contemporary Broadway with singing & dancing!
- Saturday, February 22, 2014 @ 7:30 pm
- Myrtle Beach High School Music and Arts Center
- Tickets available through the Long Bay Symphony – 843 – 448 – 8379
Myrtle Beach High School Music & Arts Center location: 3302 Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577 Long Bay Symphony: http://longbay symphony.com
Silver Coast Winery
Silver Coast Winery Gallery Show
Silver Coast Winery’s Hooked on Dancin’ …With Jim & Wanda York!
- Line and Partner Dance Instruction In the “Barrel Room”!
- Wednesdays…January 15th, 22nd, 29th @ 2pm – 5pm
- More @ http://silvercoastwinery.com
Myrtle Beach Quilt Party and Vendor Extravaganza
January 23 – 25 @ Myrtle Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Classes and More @ www.mbqp.net Or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Odell Williamson Auditorium
Brunswick Community College in Bolivia, North Carolina
“Driving Miss Daisy”will be presented by the Walnut Street Theatre Friday, February 14 @ 7:30 pm
- Ticket Prices for Each Performance…$30 for Adults , $28 for Seniors & Students, $11 for children 12 and under. Tickets and More @ http://www.bccowa.com
Alabama Theatre…Guest Artist Concerts
Alabama Theatre Location: Barefoot Landing in North Myrtle Beach,SC
A Closer Walk With Patsy Cline Starring Gail Bliss…Friday, January 17th & Saturday, January 18th @ 7pm
Eddie Miles “A Salute to Elvis and Country Legends” …Saturday, January 25th @ 7pm www.eddiemiles.com Larry Gatlin & The Gatlin Brothers Benefit Concert…January 27th @ 8pm (Benefits The Perdue Family “Children In Need”) The Ricky Mokel Comedy Show Starring Grant Turner…Saturday, February 1st @ 7pm.
Coasters, Platters, Drifters …An evening filled with the classic sounds of the 5o’s & 60’s! Saturday, February 15th @ 7pm.
Call for Tickets for Alabama Theatre Shows :Call 1-800-342-2262 Or @ http://www.alabama-theatre.com
House of Blues
Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach, SC
Tickets and More Info on Concerts and Murder Mystery Dinners Call: 843 -913 – 3746 Or Visit website @ http://www.houseofblues.com
“Styles for Smiles” Fashion Show
Thursday, January 30th … 6pm – 9pm
Teen Angel of North Myrtle Beach will partner with Elegantz & Castano’s to host a Runway Fashion Show! This wonderful event helps fund critical programs & services for Homeless Teenagers in this community! Your $20 ticket includes:
- A Fashion Show
- Hors d’oeuvres
- One Complimentary Drink Per Guest
- Tarot Readings by Jennifer
- Live Entertainment
- Caricature Artist
- Art vendors
- Door Prizes
- All Proceeds go directly to support the Teen Angel Program!
Call: 843-361-2000… More at http://www.castanosrestaurant.com
***Restaurant of the Month***
Papa’s Pizza Restaurant
This time a year pizza and wings are especially popular with the Sports Crowd! Papa’s Pizza Restaurant is good for those specialties PLUS a variety of Pastas, Tasty Appetizers, Calzones, Stromboli, A Sandwich Board, Soups, and Salads and Daily Specials! Papa’s also offers pizza by the slice from 11am – 4 pm. The pizza crust dough is made FRESH daily right in the store. Pizza sauce is also made there and let to marinate for 24 hours…MMM Good!! They offer thin crust pizza, as well! The pizza toppings are freshly cut, chopped, or ground to ensure their freshness! Pizza Sizes: 1o”, 12″, 20″ HUGE! Special Lunch Deals are from 11am – 3pm! Pizza Deal..$4.50 2 Slices & a Fountain Drink! There are also Salad and Sub Deals for $5.95 & and An Entree Deal for $7.95! Happy Hour is from 2pm – 5pm…Featuring:
- Draft Beer…$1.35
- All Appetizers…1/2 Price
Every WEDNESDAY is 10% Off for Senior 60 years young and up…DINE IN ONLY ALL DAY! Papa’s offer Take Out Or Dine In …No Delivery! The atmosphere inside is Nostalgic with Photos of James Dean, Frank Sinatra, Marilyn Monroe, and those of that Era! Join the Fun and Visit Papa’s Pizza Restaurant…Open All Winter, too! For Take Out Call: SC (843) 249-3663 * NC (910) 575-7900 Check out the PaPa’s Web @ www.lovepapaspizza.com