Summer Time and the Livin’ is Easy…And FUN in Coastal Carolina! Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® is the best location in North Carolina, just minutes from the South Carolina state line, to Enjoy It All! Special events, FREE music concerts, maritime adventures, coastal restaurants offering delectable delights, and much more await you in Coastal Carolina!
FREE Coastal Carolina Concerts
FREE Summer Concerts are planned all along Coastal Carolina. You can find a complete schedule online…As Well as in our Coastal living Blog. Here are a few you might like to attend.
Calabash FREE Concerts
Thursdays @ 6:30 pm in The Calabash Town Park @ 868 Persimmon Road, Calabash, NC (Concerts are cancelled for inclement weather.)
- July 16..Fat Jack Band…Rhythm & Blues
- July 23…James & Emma…Acoustic Duet
- August 6…Tammy’s Tangent…Variety
- August 20…Sick Stooges…Classic Rock/70’s & 90’s
- July 30…Dolphin Tale
Sunset Beach FREE Concerts
FREE Sunset Beach Concerts…Wednesdays @ 6:30 – 9:30 @ The Gazebo in the Village Park, Queen Anne Street, Sunset Beach, NC
- July 15…Six Stylez…70’s & 80’s Party Band
- July 22…The Embers…Beach Music
- July 29…The Backbeat…Beatles Music
- August 5…Groovetown…Variety & Party
- August 12…Tim Clark Band…Beach & Variety
- August 19…Whiskey Rebellion…Bluegrass
- August 26…Carolina Breakers…Beach & Soul
- September 2…Band of OZ…Beach
Shallotte FREE Summer Concerts
Shallotte FREE Summer Concerts…Thursdays @ 6:30pm in Rourk Gardens, 4912 Main Street , Shallotte, NC
- July 16…Mark Roberts Band…Band/Variety
- July 23…Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot…Beach Variety
- July 30…Jim Quick & Coastline…Beach/Variety
Ocean Isle FREE Summer Concerts
Ocean Isle FREE Beach Concerts…Fridays @ 6:30pm @ Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. 2nd Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC (No Chairs set up before 5:15)
- July 24…Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot…Beach/Variety
- July 31…Steve Owens & Summertime…Beach/Variety
Check out August & September Concerts online.
Holden Beach FREE Concerts
Holden Beach FREE Summer concerts…Sundays @ 6pm @ The Pavilion at the end of Jordan Blvd., Holden Beach
- July 19…Marsha Morgan
- July 26…Fantastic Shakers
- August 2…The Embers…Beach
- August 9…Carolina Breakers…Beach & Soul
For Concert Schedule & More Info…Check online @ holdenbeachnc.com OR Call: 901-253-2031.
Free Music on Main Concerts
- Many Restaurants of Main Street
- Listen to Live Music
- Dance Til’ you Drop!
Concerts Time…7pm – 9pm & Locations:
- Main Street Concerts: 202 Main Street, North Myrtle Beach
- Horseshoe Concerts:11 South Ocean Boulevard, North Myrtle Beach
- Thursday, July 16 – Horseshoe…The Deluge (Blues/Variety)
- Thursday, July 23 – Main Street…Castaways (Beach Music)
- Thursday, July 30 – Horseshoe…Hip Pocket Beach/Variety)
- Thursday. August 6 – Main Street…Too Much Sylvia (Variety)
- Thursday, August 13 – Horseshoe…Entertainers (Beach)
- Thursday, August 20 – Main Street…The Necessary Band (Variety/Classic Rock)
- Thursday, August 27 – Horseshoe…The Fantastic Shakers (Beach)
Complete Schedule on Main Concert Schedule…NOW Thru October is @ parks.nmb.us
For the Day of The Event Weather Information: Call the “Ree Check” Hotline @ (843) 280-5570 Ext. 1 OR Facebook Page: NMBParkland Rec.
Sounds of Summer Concert Series
Enjoy an evening with your Family & Friends…Listening to Live Music @ The Amphitheater Under The Stars! Each concert will feature a different band playing Family Friendly Music!
***Bring a Chair Or Blanket. Food vendors & Drinks will be available for purchase. Coolers, Outside Food are Not Allowed.***
Concert Location: North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex… at the Sandhills Bank Amphitheater in the McLeod Seacoast Meadow (150 Citizens Circle, Little River, SC 29566)
- Friday, July 17…Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot…(Beach/Variety)
- Friday, August 21…Painted Man (R&B/Variety)
- Friday, September 18…Nantucket (Classic Rock)
- Sports Facilities
- Regulation Baseball, Soccer, Softball, LaCross Fields
- Picnic Shelters
- 3 Playgrounds
- Walking/Biking Trails
- 3 Acre Dog Park
- 25 Acre Lake for Water-Related Activities
- 10 Acre Meadow
- Nature Preserve
Phone: (843) 281-3800 for Information & Reservations.
Shallotte River Swamp Park
Shallotte River Swamp Park @ Ocean Isle Beach Outpost Offers a Nature Eco-Park Adventure for the Whole Family!
Shallotte River Park Offers:
- Zip Line Canopy Tours…Rangers/Naturalist will lead each group of up to 10 on an Exciting and Educational Trip, Across Upland Natural Undisturbed Wildlife Habitat…Zipping over a Variety of Native Plants & Wildlife.
- Tree Top Ariel Adventure Park…A Challenge for All Ages, with Multiple Skill levels: Low…Up To a Military Level Challenge.
- Swamp Boat Eco Tour…Traverse the Pristine Shallotte River Swamp in Swamp Boat with your naturalist/Guide.
For Reservations…Call: 910-575-8000 OR 1-844-778-9471
Historical Southport Bicycle Tours
An Historical Guide leads the Tour at a Leisurely Pace….Through the Historic Fishing Village of Southport, NC. Southport was originally known as Smithville. The tour includes seeing the beautiful old Victorian Homes and Historic Buildings like the “Old Jail” . You may have seen The Old Jail featured in movies: “Crimes of the Heart” , “American Gothic”, & “Summer Catch”!
The Bicycle Tour lasts 1 Hour.
- July 18 @ 9AM
- August 22 @ 9AM
- September 5 @ 9AM
- October 3 @ 3PM
More Information & Reservations @ www.theadventurecompany.net OR Call: 459-0607
Kayak Adventures on The Cape Fear River are also available.
Coastal Carolina…Maritime Adventures
Summertide Kayak Adventure Tours
Summertide Adventure Tours…Offers Exhilarating & Memorable Kayak Tours of the Back Waters & Back-Barrier Marshes in Sunset Beach and Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina!
A Team of Experienced Guides will lead you in exploring the network of tidal channels & creeks which make up the unique & beautiful salt marsh ecosystem!
Summertide Adventure Tours…Choose the Tour That Appeals to You!
- Bird Island Tour
- Tubbs Inlet Tour
- Blane Creek Tour
***Kayak Fishing Tour...Access Fishing Areas “Where Boaters Fear to Tread”!
***Twilight Tour…Leisurely Moonlight Tour of Sunset Beach, watching the Sun Set over the Back Barrier Marshes!
***Custom Kayak Tour…Specially Designed Tours for Wedding Party Or Other Special Occasions!
More About Sunset Beach & Ocean Isle Kayak Tours AT: www.summertidetours.com Or call: (910-520-9503 OR (877) 597-0001
Ride The “Sea Thunder”
***Enjoy a Relaxing Narrated Tour of the Intracoastal Waterway from North Myrtle Beach to the Little River Inlet.
***Then roar into the Atlantic Ocean for an Exhilarating Ocean Ride and Dolphin Watch along the Carolina Coast.
***Sunset Dolphin Cruise…Wine & Cheese available!
***Jet Ski & Pontoon Rentals…Call: 843-249-1144
Sea Thunder…In Harbourgate Marina, 2100 Sea Mountain Hwy, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 Call 843-280-8400 Also @ mbdolphincruises.com
Calabash Waterfront Adventures
Calabash Fishing Fleet
Dolphin Adventure Cruise…Two Hour Cruise…An Adventure for the Whole Family to Enjoy on the 65′ Navigator!
Deep Sea Fishing & Sport Fishing Charters…Enjoy 1/2 Day, 3/4 Day, Full Day, Gulf Stream Fishing…Sport Fishing Charters offered on the 40′ Miss Calabash!
***PLUS Waterfront Seafood Shack…Summer Hours: 11Am – 9PM (Closed on Sundays) Offering Delicious Seafood To:
- Eat on the Waterfront
- Take Out for Home
Contact Calabash Fishing Fleet, 9945 Nance Street…On the Calabash Waterfront, NC @ www.CalabashFishingFleet.com OR Call: (910) 575-0017 Or (843) 575-0017.
Adventure Cruises…The Hurricane Fleet Marina @ The Waterfront in Calabash, NC! Enjoy a Hurricane Adventrue Cruise on the 90′ Hurricane II. Let the crew show you “Nature Under The Sea”!
***Depart Monday – Friday…1:30PM – 4PM (Reservations are Not Required, But Recommended)
Hurricane Fleet @ www.hurricanefleet.com OR Phone: SC (843) 249-3571 Or NC (910) 579-3660
Plantation Island Tours
Plantation Island Tours…Private Island Tours On S.C.’s most Northern Barrier Island
- UTV/Nature Tours
- Surf Fishing
- Family Outings…Picnics, Fishing, & Shelling
- Photography Sessions
Plantation Island Tours…5800 Hwy 236, (6900 Little River Neck Rd., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582 More Info At: www.northmyrtlebeachutv.com Or Call: 843-280-8887
33rd Annual Craftsmen’s Summer Classic Art & Craft Festival
Craftsmen’s Summer Classic Art & Craft Festival @ The Myrtle Beach Convention Center, 2101 N. Oak St. (Corner of 21st & Oak), Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Festival Features Hundreds of Talented Artists & Crafts People…From Across The Nation!
- Friday, July 31st…10Am – 6Pm
- Saturday, August 1st…10Am – 6Pm
- Sunday, August 2nd…11Am – 5Pm
- Adults $8
- Children 6 – 12 $1
- Children 6 & Under…FREE
- Tickets can be used for a Three Day Pass to the Festival!
More Info @ www.gilmoreshows.com
La Belle Amie Winery
La Belle Amie Winery : 10Am – 6Pm…Monday – Saturday
Guided Tours (Groups fewer than 15): Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 11Am
Self Guided Tours: Mon. – Sat. 10Am – 4Pm
Live Afternoon Music & Hot Dogs on the Grill:
- Wine Wednesdays: Music 12:30 – 4:30Pm
- Wine Down Fridays: Music 1:00 – 5:00 Pm
- Super Wine Saturdays: Music 12:30 – 4:30Pm
- July 18…Parrot Head Festival ($8) Live Music by: The Lanny Prewitt Band & Latitude…Noon – 5Pm
- August 15…Whole Lotta Shakin’ Oldies Music Fest ($8)
- August 19…Summer Breeze Music ($8)
Check Out More La Belle Amie Winery @ www.LaBelleAmie.com OR Call: 843 399-WINE 9436.
Silver Coast Winery
Silver Coast Winery…6680 Barbeque Road, NW, Ocean Isle Beach, NC …Wine, Art, Fun!
Silver Coast Winery…Hours:
- Monday – Saturday 11Am – 6Pm
- Friday Till 7Pm
- Sunday Noon – 5Pm
Wine Tastings...Anytime & Scheduled Tours: 1Pm & 5Pm
Enjoy Friday Night Music with John Cubito…4Pm – 6Pm
Check Out More Silver Coast Winery @ www.silvercoastwinery.com
Brunswick Little Theatre Presents…Shrek The Musical
- Fridays & Saturdays @ 7:30Pm
- Sundays @ 3Pm
Brunswick Little Theatre Presents “Shrek The Musical” @ The Odell Williamson Auditorium on the Campus of Brunswick College in Supply, NC.
This Family Friendly Musical Features Great Music and a Story to Touch the Heart of ALL Ages!
Tickets are Available…From The Odell Williamson Auditorium box office in person OR By phone @ 910-755-7416…Also, Online @ www.bccowa.com
Hot Summer Nights Kid’s Carnival
Hot Summer Nights Kid’s Carnival @ Plyler Park in Downtown Myrtle Beach. North Ocean Blvd. On the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk
- Kid’s Bands
- Face Painting
- Caricature Artists
- Stilt Walking
- Balloon Artists & More
***FIREWORKS Every Wednesday Night
2015 Summer Fest…At Barefoot Landing
2015 Summer Fest…Barefoot Landing On the Waterway
NOW – August 29th…Features Local Musicians:
- Nick Pike with Juggling, Comedy, & Unicycling…Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday @ 7 – 8PM
- Kids Karaoke with Larry Tanelli…Sunday, Tuesday, & Wednesday @ 7 – 10 PM
- Justin Hoke, Acoustic Musician…Fridays @ 7 – 9Pm
- Tim Peterman, Steel Drummer…Tuesday & Thursday @ 7 – 10Pm
- Don Colton, Smooth Jazz on Saxophone…Sunday, Monday, & Wednesday @ 7 – 10Pm
- The Character Company’s Super Heroes…Saturdays @ 6 – 9Pm
Summer Fest also Features…Stilt Walkers & Face Painter
***FIREWORKS…Mondays @ 10:15Pm
Barefoot Landing…Located in North Myrtle Beach, SC…Is the Place for an Array of Great:
- Attractions: House of Blues, Alabama Theatre, Barefoot Riverboat Cruises, …For the Kids: Alligator Adventures, T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station, Carousel and More!
- Special Events
Check Out Barefoot Landing @ www.bflanding.com
The Alabama Theatre’s Popular ONE SHOW, an Enchanting Evening of Music, Song, Dance, & Laughter with sizzling Sound Effects and Elegant Costumes***Special Offer: NOW Thru Labor Day…With One Adult Show Ticket, 2 Kids Under 16 are FREE for the Show!
Check Out The Alabama Theatre @ www.alabama-theatre.com
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach…Located in Myrtle Beach, SC…Offers a Special Variety of FUN with:
- Attractions…Palace Theatre Live Entertainment, Thunder & Light Show (Featuring “All That” Clogging Group) , Mirror Maze, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Ripley’s Moving 5D Theater, Wonder Works and More!
- Special Events
- Legends In Concert, Live Tribute Show…Lakeshore Village @ Broadway at the Beach LEGENDSINCONCERT.COM
Check Out Broadway at the Beach @ www.broadwayatthebeach.com
***CAROLINA OPRY at the Calvin Gilmore Theatre,8901 King’s Highway, Myrtle Beach…A 2 Hour, High Energy, Music & Dance Show…Mondays – Saturdays @ 7Pm! August 16th…Featuring Special Guest Star, Ricky Skaggs & Band!
More Calvin Gilmore Theatre Shows:
- GOOD VIBRATIONS, Music of 60’s, 70’s, & 80’s
- LIGHT LASER Extravaganza Shows …Call for Details & Current Show Schedule @ 800-843-6779 OR 913-4000 More @ www.MyrtleBeachLaserShows.com
************Restaurant of the Month************
Mmm QUE RICO
Mmm QUE RICO…Mmm Delicious!
Mmm Que Rico in Calabash,NC @ 1533 Thomasboro Road ,is a Favorite Coastal Restaurant offering a unique menu of succulent Peruvian Chicken & South American Delights! Mmm
Que Rico opened in May 2014 by Owners, Walter and Susana Argote. Walter, a native of Peru and Susana, his Argentine wife, share their culinary talents in cooking original delectable South American Cuisine. They moved to this area from Fairfax, Virginia, where they made their home for 44 Years. They came South to retire and opened their restaurant! We are So Glad they did!
Their Rotisserie Roasted Chicken is first marinated in Walter’s Savory, Secret Sauce…A Peruvian Special! The chicken is Roasted over Lump Hardwood Charcoal giving it that Distinctly Delicious Flavor! The chicken is mouthwatering and the sides are Fresh and Tantalizing!
Pollo a la Brasa (Peruvian Chicken) Entrees, served with a choice of Traditional Sauces (Mild , Spicy or Garlic), Include:
- Choice of 1/4 Or 1/2 Chicken Plates (White or Dark Meat)…With choice of 2 Sides.
- A Whole Chicken Meal with Three Sides
- Family Special…Consisting of Two Whole Chickens, Five Sides & Four 20 Oz. Drinks
- Also, A Children’s Menu
- Peruvian Chicken
- Grilled Sirloin ‘Carne Asada ( Top Sirloin cooked Latin American Style)
- Choripan (Argentine Sausage)… Hot-Dog Style Sandwiches With Choice of Toppings & Served with Fries.
- Chicken & Beef Empanadas (Meat Pies/Turnovers)
- Home-Made Tacos
Side Choices Include:
- Cole Slaw
- Fried Yucca
- Beans…White & Black Beans
- Boiled Potatoes
- Susana’s Homemade Flan with Caramel Sauce
- Bread Pudding
- Alfavor Havanna & Recoleta Cookies
- Chocolate Sublime
- Fountain Drinks
- Soft Drinks (Bottles)
- Sweet & Unsweet Tea
- Unka Cola
- Chicha Morada
Mmm Que Rico … Meaning Delicious , was named at the request of the Argote’s little grandson , who would exclaim Mmm Que Rico!…When ever he indulged in his Grandpa’s Chicken. Walter perfected his chicken for years. Everyone loved it ! Walter says that folks come to their restaurant from as far away as Conway, Wilmington & Southport! South American food is quickly growing in popularity in the United States. We are fortunate to have this special restaurant Right Here in Calabash!
The hours for Mmm Que Rico are Monday – Saturday…11Am – 9Pm (Closed on Sunday) You can eat in the lovely pristine dining room Or Call In & Take Out to eat at home. Phone: 910-579-5900 to Order Mmm Delicious Take Out with So Many Appetizing & Healthy Choices! Lunch Or Dinner…It’s a Winner!
Reviews say that Mmm Que Rico is A Hidden gem in Calabash,NC! Mmm Delicious!
Coastal Living in Calabash has such a variety of Fun Places to Visit, Interesting Things To Do, Delicious Places to Eat & Wonderful People to Meet! Living at Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® puts us in the Center Of It All! We truly are …The Two State Solution To FUN…And Good Food! Ya’ll Come!