Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® is the Ideal Place for Fun for All ages! Brunswick Plantation is in Calabash, North Carolina…Just 3 miles from the state line to Little River & N. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Waterfront areas all along this area of Coastal Carolina offer maritime adventures, great restaurants, and entertainment to amuse and delight you and yours!
FREE Coastal Carolina Concerts
FREE Summer Concerts are planned all along Coastal Carolina. You can find them online as well as in our May Coastal Living Blog. Just to remind you of concerts coming up soon…here are a few you might like to attend.
Calabash FREE Summer Concerts
- June 25…CC Martin…Country
- July 9…Blackwater Rhythm & Blues…Band/Variety
- July 16…Fat jack Band…Rhythm & Blues
- July 23…James & Emma…Acoustic Duet
- August 6…Tammy’s Tangent…Variety
- August 20…Sick Stooges…Classic Rock/70’s & 90’s
FREE Movies…Calabash Town Park (Starting at Dusk)
- July 2…Into the Woods
- July 30…Dolphin Tale
- August 13…Blended
FREE Sunset Beach Summer Concerts…Wednesdays @ 6:30 – 9:30 @ The Gazebo in the Village park,Queen Anne Street, Sunset Beach, NC
- June 24…Mark Roberts Band…Variety/Rock
- July 1…Andrew ThielenBig Band***Pre-Show by: CC Martin @6PM
- July 8…Legacy & Sound Express…MoTown
- July 15…Six Stylez…70’s & 80’s Party Band
- July 22…The Embers & Craig Woolard…Beach
Check put August & September Concerts online..Full Concert Schedule @ www.sunsetbeachconcerts.com
Shalotte FREE Summer Concerts
- July 2…Blackwater Rhythm & Blues…Band/Variety
- July 9…Midnight Allie…Beach
- July 16…Mark Roberts Band…Beach/Shag/Classic Rock
- July 23…Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot…Beach Variety
- July 30…Jim Quick & Coastline…Beach/Variety
FREE Movies …Starting at Dusk in Rourk Gardens
- June 18…Big Hero Six
- June 25…Paddington
Ocean Isle FREE Summer Concerts
Ocean Isle FREE Beach Concerts…Fridays @ 6:30PM @ Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 E. 2nd Street, ocean Isle Beach, NC (No chairs set up before 5:15)
- June 19…Carolina Soul Band…Soul/Motown/ Beach
- June 26…Band of Oz…Beach
- July 3…Jim Quick & Coastline…Beach/Variety***FIREWORKS to Follow Concert***
- July 10…The Entertainers…Beach/Variety
- July 24…Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot…Beach/Variety
- July 31…Steve Owens & Summertime…Beach/Variety
Check Out August & September Concerts online OR in Brunswick Plantation May Newsletter.
Holden Beach FREE Summer Concerts
Holden Beach FREE Summer Concerts…Sundays @ 6PM..At the Pavilion at the end of Jordan Boulevard, Holden Beach.
- June 21…Steve Owens & Summertime…Beach/Variety
- June 28…Rick Strickland Band…Beach/Variety
For More of Summer Schedule & Info, C heck Online OR Call: 910 253-2031.
FREE Music on Main Concerts
Journey to Downtown North Myrtle beach to delight in the sounds of a…Live Band on Main A Street! Families are encouraged to come Downtown…After Work Or After a Long Day on the Beach to Experience:
- Many Restaurants of Main Street
- Listen to Live Music
- Dance Til’ You Drop
Kick Back and Unwind with Friends in your Beach Chair on Main Street!
- Main Street: 202 Main Street, North Myrtle Beach
- Horseshoe: 11 South Ocean Boulevard. North Myrtle Beach
- Thursday, June 18 – Horseshoe…Carolina Soul Band (Beach/Motown)
- Thursday, June 25 – Main Street…Ultimate Rock Band (70’s – 90’s Rock)
- Thursday, July 2 – Horseshoe…Fat Jack Band (Beach/Motown)
- Thursday, July 9 – Main Street…Southern Blue (variety/Classic Rock)
- Thursday, July 16 – Horseshoe…The Deluge (Blues/Variety)
- Thursday, July 23 – Main Street…Castaways (Beach)
- Thursday, July 30 – Horseshoe…Hip Pocket (Beach/ Variety)
Complete Music on Main Concert Schedule …Now – Through October 1s @ parks.nmb.us
For day of Event Weather Information: Call the “Rec Check” Hotline @ (843) 280-5570 Ext. 1 OR Facebook Page: NMBParkland Rec.
Sounds of Summer Concert Series
Enjoy an evening with your Family & Friends…Listening to Live Music at the Amphitheater Under The Stars! Each Concert will feature a different band playing Family Friendly Music. Bring a Chair or Blanket. Food vendors & Drinks will be available for purchase. Coolers, Outside Food, & Beverages are Not Allowed.
Concert Locations: North Myrtle Beach Park & Sports Complex at the Sandhills Bank Amphitheater in the McLeod Seacoast Meadow (150 Citizens Circle, Little River, SC 29566)
Concert Times: 7:00 – 9:00 PM FREE Admission & Open to All Ages!
FREE Sounds of Summer Concert Schedule
- Friday, June 19…Sound Express & The Legacy (Motown)
- Friday, July 17…Gary Lowder & Smokin’ Hot (Beach/Variety)
- Friday, August 21…Painted Man (R&B/Variety)
- Friday, September 18… (Classic Rock)
For Day of Concert Weather Information…Call the “RedCheck” Hotline @ (843) 280-5570.
Celebrating July 4TH Independence Day In Coastal Carolina
Celebration Starts @ 6PM with Food, Fun, Music, & Games! Hot Dogs & Beverages will be For Sale. FIREWORKS will Light Up the Sky by the Waterfront @ 9:15 PM! Happy 4th of July!
Sunset Beach, NC
4TH of July Celebration At The Old Bridge! An Annual Tradition…Beginning at 9AM..members of the Old bridge Society have planned Fun & Festivities for Visitors & Residents of Sunset Beach!
With Patriotic Music Playing & Flags Waving at the Old Bridge Site (109 Shoreline Drive W. Sunset Beach) Scheduled Activities Include:
9AM…A Parade over the Old Bridge Children & Adults are encouraged to bring their Decorated Bicycles, Wagons, Strollers, Or Sneakers to Ride Across the Old Bridge…In step to rousing Patriotic Music!
Following the Parade there are Multiple Activity Stations with Old-Fashioned ALL AMERICAN Games that include:
- Cake Walk
- Sack Races
- Knock Down the Cans Game
- Water Balloon Toss
Decorated Cupcakes will be Available for After the Games! As This Event is Weather Dependent…For the latest information, Please visit the Old bridge Society website @ www.oldbridgepreservationsociety.org OR Call: 910-363-6585. Hope To See You There!
Southport 4TH of July Festival
- Arts & Crafts…10AM – 6Pm in Franklin Square Park Over 100 Artists & Craftsmen with Handmade Goods… For Sale!
- Festival T-Shirts
- National Art Show
- Parade…Festival Parade @ 11AM On July 4TH!
- Pancake Breakfast
- Entertainment…Brunswick Band Concert
- Children’s Games
- Sand castle Building Contest
- Horseshoe & Volleyball Contests
- Shag Contest
- “Shine & Show” Classic Car Show…July 4TH…11Am – 4PM
- Naturalization Ceremony…July 3rd @ 4PM At Ft. Johnston Southport Museum & Visitor Center
- Fireworks…July 4Th @ 9PM At Southport Waterfront!
FREE Admission! More Info @ www.4thofjuly.com
Ocean Isle Beach
FREE Ocean Isle Beach Concert…July 3rd @ 6:30PM At: The Museum of Coastal Carolinas…Followed by: FIREWORKS At The PIER!
FIREWORKS 4TH of July…In Myrtle Beach,SC
***FIREWORKS 2ND Avenue Pier @ 10PM, 110 N. Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach,SC
***FIREWORKS Over Lake Broadway @ 10PM…Broadway At The Beach…Myrtle Beach, SC
Silver Coast Winery
Silver Coast Winery,6680 Barbeque Rd, N W , Ocean Isle Beach, NC..Wine , Art, Dance & FUN!
Silver Coast Winery Book Signing…Thursday , July 9th @ 4PM…The Idea of Love By: Patti Callahan Henry
***ART Show At Silver Coast Winery…NOW – August 31st…Art Show on Display of Artist, Caroline Merino
Hooked On Dancing…Line & Partner Dancing in The barrel Room with Jim & Wanda Work…Wednesdays,June 4th & 17th.
Silver Coast Winery “Father Day” Tribute…Bring Your Dad Or Grand-dad to the Silver Coast Winery Tasting Room on June 21st and he will recieve a Complimentary Wine Tasting! Cheers! (This offer is for Adult Children only)
Check Out Silver Coast Winery @ www.silvercoastwinery.com
La Belle Amie Winery
- Wine Wednesdays: Music 12:30 – 4:30PM
- Wine Down Fridays: Music 1:00 – 5:00PM
- Super Wine Saturdays: Music 12:30 – 4:30PM
Special Wine Events with Live Music:
- June 20 …First Blush of Summer ($8)
- July 4…Independence Day Wine Fest ($8)
- July 18…Summer Parrot Head Festival ($8)
Check Out More @ www.LaBelleAmie.com OR Call: 843 399-WINE 9436
Brunswick Island Craft Fair
Saturday, June 20th…10Am – 3Pm…Brunswick Island Craft Fair @ South Brunswick Community College (South Campus is just off HWY 17…Minutes from the South Carolina State Line )
FREE Admission with 60+ Vendors (Inside)…Also Enjoy:
- Chilly Treats
- Mrs. K’s Funnel Cake
For More Info..Call: Mrs. Fulford @ 910 755-7419
Shallotte River Swamp Park
Shallotte River Swamp Park @ Ocean isle Beach Outpost Offers a nature Eco-Park Adventure for the Whole Family!
Shallotte River Swamp Park Offers:
- Zip Line Canopy Tours…Rangers/Naturalist will lead each group of up to 10 on an Exciting and Educational Trip, Across Upland Natural Undisturbed Wildlife Habitat, Zipping over a Variety of Native Plants & Wildlife.
- Tree Top Aerial Adventure Park…A Challenge for All Ages, with Multiple Skill Levels: Low…Up To a Military Level Challenge.
- Swamp Boat Eco Tours…Traverse the Pristine Shallotte River Swamp in Swamp Boat with your Naturalist/Guide.
For Reservations: Call: 910-575-8000 or 1-844-778-9471
KAYAK Adventure Tours & Kayak Fishing Tours
Explore the Beautiful and Diverse Maritime Ecosystems of Southeastern North Carolina’s Pristine Barrier Island Beaches…Summertide Adventure Tours! Expert Guides will…Take You on a Journey through seldom navigated waters,offering breathtaking views of undisturbed landscapes & exciting wildlife.
Located at 301 Sunset Blvd., Sunset Beach, NC 28468 Call Toll Free for reservations @ 877-597-0001
Learn More @ www.summertidetours.com
Coastal Carolina Adventures Kids Love
Fort Fisher Aquarium
Fort Fisher Aquarium, Kure Beach, NC..At the Mouth of the Cape Fear River, An Indoor Aquatic Adventure for All!
Fort Fisher Aquarium Daily programs Include:
- Dialog with a Diver @ Cape Fear Shoals Exhibit with Divers at 235,000 Gallon Aquarium…10:30Am & 2:30Pm
- Creature Feature…11:30 Am
- Ocean Odyssey…1:30Pm
- Animal feedings…Observe animals being fed while educators explain the Types of Diet, Feeding Patterns, & More
- Animal Encounters…Time Vary
- Toddler Tuesdays…10Am to Noon
- Smart Cart Connection Activities…Times Vary
- Educational Films…Times vary Throughout Day
Fort Fisher Aquarium Hours: 9Am – 5Pm Daily…More @ www.ncaquariums.com/FortFisher Or Call: 910-458-8257
Calabash Fishing Fleet
Dolphin Adventure Cruise…Two-Hour Cruise…An Adventure for the Whole Family to Enjoy on the 65′ Navigator!
Deep Sea Fishing & Sport Fishing Charters…Enjoy 1/2 Day, 3/4 Day, Full Day. Gulf Stream Fishing…Sport Fishing Charters offered on the 40′ Miss Calabash!
Calabash Fishing Fleet…Fresh )cean Fish & Shrimp…For Home PLUS Waterfront Seafood Shack with delicious seafood to eat on the Waterfront Or Take Out…11Am – 9Pm in Summer! Seafood Shack is closed on Sundays.
Contact Calabash Fishing Fleet, 99445 Nance St. on the Calabash Waterfront, NC @ www.CalabashFishingFleet.com OR Call: NC (910) 575 0017 Or SC (843) 5750017.
Adventure Cruises…The Hurricane Fleet Marina @ Waterfront in Calabash, NC! Enjoy a Hurricane Adventure Cruise on the 90′ Hurricane II. Let the crew show you “Nature Under the Sea”!
Hurricane Fleet “Deep Sea Fishing”…Enjoy 1/2 Day, Gulf Stream Fishing, Sport Fishing Charters!
Depart Monday – Friday…1:30 Pm – 4Pm (Reservations are Not Required But Recommended!)
Hurricane Fleet @ www.hurricanefleet.com Or E-mail: Infor@hurricanefleet.com Phone: SC (843) 249-3571 OR NC (910) 579-3660.
Ice Cream in Calabash
Calabash is a Good Place to Enjoy Your Ice Cream Delights…This Summer and Beyond!
Calabash Creamery, 9910 Beach Drive, Calabash, NC…Ice Cream is made Fresh Daily & Offers A Variety of Flavors!
Open Daily…Summer Hours, Noon – 10:30 Pm
Ice Cream Cakes & Frozen Yogurt available, also! You may enjoy eating Inside , Out on the Extensive Porch, Or Taking your Ice Cream Treat Home!
More Info : Call: 910-575-1180 OR @ www.calabashcreamery.com
Back Porch Ice Cream Shoppe
Back Porch Ice Cream Shoppe Offers:
- 24 Flavors of Mayfield Ice Cream
- New Orleans Shaved Ice Snowballs…18 Flavors Combine them with Ice cream to make Gilotti’s Cool, Good & Refreshing!
- Soft Serve Fat Free Yogurt… With Variety of Flavor Bursts
- Cake Or Sugar Cones Or Cups
- Fresh, HOMEMADE WAFFLE CONES
Stop By The Back Porch Ice Cream Shoppe…Summer Hours, Open Daily @ Noon – 10PM… Eat Inside,on the Porch, Or Take Home Your Taste Treat! Questions: Call 910-579-1533 Enjoy Your Ice Cream Treat in Calabash!
- Attractions…House of Blues, Alabama Theatre, Barefoot Riverboat Cruises… For the kids, Alligator Adventures, T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station , Carousel and More!
- Special Events
Check Out Barefoot Landing @ www.bflanding.com
Broadway at the Beach
- Attractions…Palace Theatre Live Entertainment…, Legends in Concert, Jersey Boys…For the Kids: Ripley’s Aquarium, Thunder& Light Show, Mirror Maze, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Ripley’s Moving 5D Theater, Wonder Works and More!
- Special Events
Check Out Broadway at the Beach @ www.broadwayatthebeach.com
************Restaurant of the Month*************
Fibber McGees Irish Pub
Fibber McGees …Delightful Outdoor Seating & Indoor Seating At Tables & At The Bar!
Open 7 Days a Week…Kitchen is Open 11Am – 10Pm and the Bar 11Am – ‘Til
- Andy Crawford…Thursdays Jun 18 & 25
- Tain Collins…Fridays,June 19 & 26 AND Sundays,June 21 & 28
- Ashton Stanley…Saturdays, June 20 & 27
Fibber McGee’s menu offers variety and Delectable Treats for you Taste Buds!
Enjoy Fibber’s high quality Food with a Flair from a Complete Menu:
- Seared Ahi Tuna
- Grouper Bites
- Chicken Fingers
- Quiche Du Jour
- Rueben Spring Rolls
- Fibbers Famous Chicken Wings
- Saia’s Nachos
- Pressed Quesadillas
- Shrimp & Crab Dip
- Seafood Salad Wraps
- Chicken Caesar Wrap
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Big Stan’s Roast Beef & Cheddar Wrap
- Tuna, Chicken, Or Egg Salad Wrap
- Salmon BLT Wrap
***Sandwiches & Paninis…All served with homemade Cole Slaw & Pickle.
14 Different Varieties…Old School Reuben Panini & Low Roasted Prime Rib Sandwich TO Fibber’s Veggie Burger, Shrimp Burger, Baja Fish Taco
***Soup…One of the Chef’s Innovative Homemade Specialties Featured Each Day
- Guinnes Battered Onion Rings
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Fibber’s Pub Fries
- Homemade Potato Salad
- Homemade Cole Slaw
- Fibber’s Famous Fish & Chips
- Catch of the Day
- McGees Classic Shepherd’s Pie
- Specials of The Day!
***24 Name Bottled Beers & 7 Draft Beers…Some Daily Specials …Like $3 Beer or $5 Mimosa Or Other Bar Drink
***6 House Wines
***3 WHITE WINES By Glass or Bottle:
- Clos du Bois Sauvgnon Blanc
- Estancia Chardonnay
- Sonoma-Cutrer Russian River
***2 RED WINES By Glass or Bottle:
- Mark West Pinot Noir
- J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon
Fibber’s McGee’s Menu & More…Call: 910-575-2271 OR @ www.fibbermcgeesnc.com
Fibber McGees is Favorite of Local Folks who love the Fabulous Affordable Food and Wonderful Atmosphere!
All Direct TV Sports Package makes Fibbers a Great Place to Gather & Watch Sports with Friends! There is also Live Wifi!
Fibber McGees is also Walking Distance to the Gazebo in Village Park at Sunset Beach…Making it a great place to Eat Dinner on Sunset Beach FREE Concert Nights..Wednesday @ 6:30 – 8:30!
History of Fibber McGees Irish Pub…Sunset Beach, NC
Fibber McGees Irish Pub was opened by Rich Dobkin. Rich had been vacationing here for about eight years and was looking for a smoke-free establishment to have a late night drink…So, he moved here and opened up Fibber McGees!
You can meet at Fibber McGees for a drink, Have a unique bite to eat, Watch Sports and Feel Comfortable! It is like “Being at Home” and is Open All year Round! Join the Fun and bring Friends!
Coastal Carolina Living…Fun for All & All For Fun! Folks at Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® are in the perfect place to Enjoy It All…In North & South Carolina! Summer Time and the Livin’ is Easy!