Everyone Loves Coastal Carolina! The beautiful beaches are always fun for walking, swimming, fishing, dolphin cruises and a variety of Maritime Adventures! There are also many other venues by the beaches that are Kid Friendly and Ripe for Family Fun! Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® is the perfect location to…Enjoy It All in North & South Carolina! Here are a Few that may be New…For Your Family and You! Have Fun!
Museum of Coastal Carolina
The Museum of Coastal Carolina, (21 East Second St. in Ocean Isle, NC.), Offers Family Fun for Everyone!
There are a variety of Museum Galleries…Programs and Events for All Ages!
Special Galleries Include:
- Ingram Lobby
- Changing the Tides Gallery
- Waterways Gallery
- Sea Shore Gallery
- Ocean Reef Gallery
- Barrier Reef Gallery
- Coastal Plain Gallery
- Touch Tank…Touch Tank Feeding (11am Mondays)
- Odyssey of the Sea Turtle
- Family Pirate Games
- Beachy Bingo
- Coastal Native Americans
- Prehistoric Finds on the Coast
- Sunset Beach Nesting Birds
- Snakes Alive
- May 12th @ 6pm…Who Are You Swimming With?
- May 15th @ 1pm…Lionfish & Other Invasive Species
- May 16th @ 11am…Sea Turtles and You!
NEW 2015 Summer Exhibits Include:
- Prehistoric Mastodon…Features a mastodon tooth found on Ocean Isle Beach
- “Wildlife Portraits”…Original Art Work by Don Bashore : Artist Reception…May 22, 2015 @ Noon!
Museum of Coastal Carolina Hours:
NOW – May 16, 2015: Friday & Saturday…10am – 3pm
SUMMER HOURS…May 22 – September 7, 2015:
- Monday – Thursday…10am – 8pm
- Friday…10am – 5pm
- Saturday…10am – 1:30pm
Please Note: April 25, 2015…Wine Fest Fundraiser @ 6pm (Museum will be closed on that date until the 6pm Wine Fest)
Check out more about them @ www.museumplanetarium.org Or call: 910-575-0033
Ingram Planetarium, (7625 High Market St.@ Sunset Beach,NC), Offers More “Out of this World” Excitement for You & Yours!
- Sky Theater Shows
- FREE Weekday Noon Programs
- Science Small Bytes Series
- Laser Music Shows
Colorful Laser Music Shows & Images on Sky Theater’s Dome Ceiling…Variety of Shows Include:
- Fright Light
Check for shows and times @ www.MuseumPlanetarium.org Or Call: 910-575-0033
Special Programs & Events:
May 2nd @ 6pm…Mission to Pluto & Mars
April 24th @ 7pm…Use the Planetarium telescopes to see Stars, Constellations, & other Celestial Objects in the Night Sky…Rain Date, April 26 @ 7pm ***Bring your own camera & learn about Night Sky Photography!***
Ingram Planetarium Hours…Now – May 16…Friday & Saturday…Doors Open @ 11:30 am
SUMMER HOURS…May 22 – Sept. 7:
- Monday – Wednesday & Saturday…11am – 8pm
- Thursday & Friday…11am – 8pm
Fort Fisher Aquarium
Fort Fisher Aquarium, Kure Beach, NC, At the Mouth of Cape Fear River , An Indoor Aquatic Adventure for All!
- Dialog with a Diver @ Cape Fear Shoals Exhibit with Divers at 235,000 Gallon Aquarium…10:30 am & 2:30pm
- Creature Feature…11:30am
- Ocean Odyssey…1:30pm
- Animal Feedings…Observe animals being fed while educators explain the Types of Diet, Feeding Patterns, & More
- Animal Encounters…Times Vary
- Toddler Tuesdays…10am to Noon
- Smart Cart Connection Activities…Times vary During Day
- Educational Films…Times vary Throughout Day
Fort Fisher Aquarium Hours: 9am – 5pm Daily…More @ www.ncaquariums.com/FortFisher Or Call: 910-458-8257
Family FUN…Coastal Carolina Parks
Vereen Memorial Park & Gardens
Vereen Memorial Park & Gardens, 2250 Hwy 179, Little River, SC…Nestled at the Intersection of Highways 17 & 179…You Find…“Little River’s Best Kept Secret”!
A Hidden Gem Off the Beaten Path! Vereen Memorial Park & Gardens:
- 4 Miles of Groomed Trails…Hiking Fun!
- An Elevated Boardwalk to the Intracoastal Waterway
- Pier to Waterway…Perfect for Fishing!
- Ecosystems posted at the entrance to the boardwalk
- Little Plates along the Boardwalk…Tell you about Birds & Wildlife
- Covered Picnic Facilities for Families
- Swing Sets for Kids
- Porch Style Swing
- Amazing Coastal Birds…A “Bird Watcher’s Paradise”
- Dog Walking Friendly!
- Picturesque Views of Nature
- Historical Vereen Family Cemetery***Joshua Vereen entertained George Washington when he traveled through this area.
- C.B. Berry Community Center…On the Grounds & Offers Activities & Classes for All!
For More Info…Call: 843 – 249-4157
Brunswick County Parks & Recreation
Shallotte District Park
Shallotte District Park, 5550Main Street, Shallotte, NC, Offers a Variety of Venues for Family Fun With Kids:
- Shaded Park
- 64 Acres
- 4 Baseball/Softball Fields
- Soccer Field
- Concession Stands & Restrooms
- 1 Basketball Court
- 2 Tennis Courts
- 3 Picnic Shelters
- Dog Park
***Internet Access is now available in the Park.
FUN for You & Yours @ Shallotte District Park…Info: Call (910) 253-2670
Ocean Isle Beach Park
Ocean Isle Beach Park,6483 Old Georgetown Rd.(A couple of miles from ocean Isle Beach & Sunset Beach),Offers FUN Places to Play:
- 2 Playgrounds
- 8 Tennis Courts
- An Amphitheater
- Restroom Facilities
- Picnic Shelter
- Multipurpose Field for Soccer/Football
Brunswick County Park Locations
Brunswick County has several Parks for you to Enjoy! Some Locations that may interest you:
- Lockwood Folly Park…Supply NC
- Cedar Grove Park…Supply NC
- Waccamaw Park…Ash,NC
Parks are open …All year Round…Hours of Operation:
- April – October…8qm – 10pm
- November – March…8am – 9pm
- Brunswick Nature Park Hours are Dawn to Dusk
There are many more Park Locations…Through Brunswick County Parks and Recreation. More Information…Call: (910) 253-2670
T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station
T.I.G.E.R.S. Preservation Station, Located at Barefoot Landing, Hwy. 17 N, North Myrtle Beach, A Wildlife Exhibit and Living TIGER Museum & Your Chance to meet some of the Most Amazing Animals Up Close!
Admission to Preservation Station is FREE! You May Have your Photos taken holding a TIGER Cub Or with an Ape…For a Fee.
- Visit 50 Are Preserve, Home to over 60 Big Cats
- Monkey Around with Apes
- Watch Tigers Swim
- Meet Gray Wolves
- Fly Trained Falcons
- Get to Feel Cubs
- Possibly Meet BUBBLES, The Elephant
- Meet LIGER, The World’s largest Cat
Explore Orangutan Island
Throughout the Tour, The T.I.G.E.R.S., Staff will be taking Professional Quality Photos & Video…Allowing you to Relive & Share the ‘Once in a Lifetime” Experience you’ll have during your “Wild Encounter”…Tour Space is Limited. Call for Reservations @ (843) 361-4552.
Alligator Adventure, Located @ Barefoot Landing, 4604 Hwy. 17, North Myrtle Beach,SC… Over 2 Hours of FUN for the Whole Family …2nd Day Free!
Call: (843) 361-0789 For Current Park Hours
Ripley’s Aquarium ,1110 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach (Across from the street from Broadway At The Beach), Offers an array of Hands -On Family FUN!
- Stingray Experience
- Behind The Scenes Tour
- Birthday Parties
- Sleep With The Sharks
- Fancy Fins Mermaid Boutique
Animals & Exhibits:
- Rio Amazon
- Friendship Flags
- Rainbow Rock
- Dangerous Reef
- Discovery Center…Hands- On Activities
- Living Gallery
- Ray Bay
- Systems Control
Discover the Wonder @ Ripley’s Aquarium…Open 9am – 9pm Everyday!
More @ www.ripleyaquariums.com/myrtlebeach Or Call: (843) 916-0888
Ripley’s Myrtle Beach…Ocean Boulevard Thrills
Experience 5D Adventure @ Ripley’s Moving Theater
Ripley’s Believe It or Not Oddotorium
Ripley’s Mirror Maze
Ripley’s Haunted Adventure
Join the Ripley’s Family Fun @ Boardwalk at the Beach…More @ www.ripleys.com Or Call: (843) 448-2331
MagiQuest, 1185 Celebrity Circle @ Broadway at the Beach,Offers Your Family…A Live Action Adventure Game!
Set Your Imagination Free with MagiQuest! With a Wand in Hand, You’ll explore the Enchanted Kingdom & Participate in the Ultimate Adventure as You:
- Enchant Objects
- Befriend a Pixie
- Learn from an Ancient Wizard
- Battle a Goblin
- Outwit a Dragon
- YOU Decide!
How to Play:
- Select and Adore Your Wand
- Create Your Character
- Begin Your Adventure
Set your Imagination FREE! Check out More @ www.MagiQuest.com Or Call: (843) 916-1800
Pirate’s Voyage…Dinner & Show
Join the Crew & Celebrate the Pirate Spirit…And Have a Hearty Feast!
For Reservations…Call: (800) 433-4401 Or OnLine @ www.PiratesVoyage.com
Medieval Times…Dinner & Tournament
Medieval Times,2904 Fantasy Way, Myrtle Beach, SC,Offers the Pageantry & Thrills of an Authentic Medieval Tournament Come to Life inside the Walls of the King’s 11th Century Style Castle Plus…”THE FEAST” !
Reservations and More @ www.medievaltimes.com Or Call: 1-888-935-6878. Make it a Knight To Remember…For You and Yours!
Coastal Carolina…The Place for Family FUN! There are so many activities and venues to excite you and your children, Of All Ages…So Near Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ®, The Two State Solution to FUN! Ya’ll Come!