Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort is a community always alive with activities and things to do with friends and neighbors. There is something for everyone. Folks who live here can also initiate one through an interest of their own. Our facilitator’s office is always ready to assist you. Variety is the Spice of Life!
First Game: 7pm…Doors Open at 6:30 pmAdmission: $10… Covers all cards for the evening. Cash Prizes: $125 JACKPOT Game prize…$100 BONUS PrizeFree Popcorn & Soft Drinks Available
- Divine Divas Come celebrate the 15th Birthday Year of the RED HATSOCIETY on April 25th at the Brunswick House between 1:30pm – 4:30pm. Wine and cheese will be served….Cost is $5 per person. Sign up in the Facilitator’s Office by April 20th.
- Vinyasa YOGA…(New Class)This yoga practice will be challenging, active, uplifting, yet gentle. Classes will help you harmonize your body, mind, and spirit while cultivating compassion, peace, energy, relaxation and joy. All sessions will be held at the Brunswick House:
In April on 4/20, 4/27
In May on 5/11, 5/25
In June on 6/1, 6/8, & 6/22.
All classes are at 10:30 am.
Please bring a mat to class, additional props will be provided as needed. Cost is $5 per class Or $25 for 6 classes. If you have any questions, please call Michele Dorland at 910-880-2509. Hope to see you. Namaste.
- YOGA Classes with Michael are also ongoing at the Brunswick House on Thursdays at 10am. Yoga twice a week….Harmony for Body, Soul, and Spirit…Right here at Brunswick Plantation! What a way to live…Joy and Peace be with you!
- FREE EXERCISE PROGRAM Continues…On Mon.-Wed.-Fri. mornings at 8 am with upper and lower body toning followed by a NEW variety of 2 and 3 mile indoor walking for a really good workout. So, grab you sneakers and join us any time you wish. Our new schedule is as follows:
Monday – 8am – 8:25 am –Joel Harpers Upper Body Toning followed by 8:25am – 9am Leslie Sansone’s 2 Mile Walk and Cool Down
Wednesday – 8am -8:20am –Joel Harper’s Lower Body Toning followed by 8:25am – 9am Leslie Sansone’s 2 Mile Walk Cool Down Friday – 8am – 8:55 am –Leslie Sansone’s 5 minute Warm-Up, 3 Mile Walk and Cool Down
SATURDAY WALKS NOW PLANNED…
The FREE EXERCISE Program has added Saturday Mornings to its schedule. Walks will begin at 8am and last for under 1 hour. The regular FREE program runs on M-W-F’s at 8am and is a big hit with approximately 24 ladies attending each of those days. Give it a try…all you need is a pair of sneakers or walking shoes and the desire to get some great exercise. Men are welcome to attend…if you can keep up with the ladies. Sounds like a challenge to me!
H2O Water Aerobics at the Brunswick House …Mon., Wed, Fri. & Sat. at 8am AND Tues. and Thurs. at 8:20 am.
Exercise Classes Tues. and Thurs. at 8:20
STAY FIT with Friends and Neighbors at Brunswick Plantation!
- For the Gardeners and those who Love Flowers….Look forward to a May Plant Sale by the Garden Club at Brunswick Plantation. The date is… TBA soon. Meanwhile, The perennials have arrived for the sale. There are some grasses, small shrubs, and even a few trees. There are various colored irises and canna lilies, along with daisies and day-lilies. If you are interested in some gorgeous African violets, just call Fay at 910 -287-7565. She will let you know what colors are available. If you haven’t divided your perennials, they are willing to dig them for you…What a deal! That is real Flower Power!
- Brunswick Plantation KUDOS to :
Pam and Jim Bruno, and Folks at Brunswick Plantation for the “I Got Your Back” Benefit Concert with the Rick Strickland Band! The concert was Sold Out! The Band loved playing for us at the Brunswick House and is looking forward to coming back for a future event! Brunswick Plantation “Rocks”!
* The Arnold Palmer drink of half iced tea /half lemonade is quite refreshing and on the shelves at our local Lowe’s grocery. The story goes that in the late 60’s in Palm Springs, Arnold Palmer ordered this drink and was overheard by a lady at the bar. She told the bar tender…I’ll have what Arnold Palmer is having…The rest is History! Hence, the Arnold Palmer drink was born and enjoyed to this day! Note: The airport in Latrobe, Pa. is named the Arnold Palmer Airport after this famous golfer whose hometown is Latrobe.
*Out of Bounds…David Feherty has a funny new show on the Golf Channel….Former professional golfer on the European Tour, now a funnyman, with irreverent humor & undeniable charm…He disarms his guests & it leads to great conversations…Plus a whole lot of laughs. Golf Channel…Monday Nights at 10pm Tune in for Fun!
If you participate in any of these fun events, let us hear from you…post to comments.