Coastal Living is alive with Holiday Delights of all kinds…Festivals and Celebrations for All Ages! Thanksgiving and Christmas are Near and Dear Holidays , as well as Hannukah and other Cherished Celebrations! Tis also the Season of giving and remembering others! There are many opportunities minutes away from Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® to “Celebrate the Season” the Coastal Living way! These are a few that we can share with you! May your Days be Merry and Bright this Season of Light and Always!
Grand Strand “Turkey Trot”
- 1 Mile – 8:30am
- 8K & 5K – Each at 9am
- “Tot Trot” – 10:15 am
How Much? Advance Payment by 4pm on Nov. 20 by U.S. mail & Noon Nov. 26 online…OR $5 more at Race Site on Day of Event.
Grand Strand 2014 Jingle Bell Run/Walk
Be a part of the largest holiday 5K race series aimed to Fight Arthritis! Wear a Themed Costume…The Jingle Bells to your shoelaces!
- Group Warm-Up & Stretch…1:50 – 2:00pm
- Reindeer Dash (Age 8 & Under)…2:00-2:10
- 5K Competitive Race…2:10-3:10pm
- 3 & 4 Fun Run…2:15 – 3:30
- Closing Ceremonies & Awards…3:30 – 4pm
Registration Fee: Online $25 (Last Day for registration online Nov. 20 & 11am on Race Day) Late registration $30. jinglebellrungrandstrand.kintera.org
Event contact: Gerald Talley …firstname.lastname@example.org Or Phone: 704-705-1799
Broadway at the Beach Annual Tree Lighting
Enjoy “Magical” Music and Dance Performances by some of the area’s Greatest Talent leading up to the Tree Lighting…
Followed by a Fireworks Extravaganza at 8pm!
Tree Lighting Info @ 800 386-4662
Calabash Christmas Tree Lighting & Parade
Join the Community Fun on Friday, December 5, 2014! Calabash Tree Lighting launches with a Spirit of Calabash Christmas Parade marching down Beach Drive! Folks enjoy Holiday Music, Live Entertainment, Cookies & Cocoa…And a Visit From SANTA!
Parade begins at 6pm followed by Entertainment and Christmas Tree Lighting around 7pm! You are invited with Family and Friends to this Special Celebration of the Season in Callahan’s Gifts Parking Lot in Calabash, NC! It is FREE and Fun For All! Info at: 910-579-6747
Market Common Holiday Extravaganza & Tree Lighting
Holiday Extravaganza at Market Common, in Myrtle Beach, SC...November 28 – 10am – 2pm in Middle of Howard Ave. (Also on Nov. 29 and Dec. 6, 13, & 20)
Music in the Street…All Three Gazebos, with Live entertainment & Face painter: on Howard Avenue across from Victoria’s Secret & from City Mac, and on Reed Ave., across from P.F. Chang’s China Bistro (Music in the Street…Also 3 – 5pm on Nov. 29 & 30…Dec. 7, 14, & 21; And Dec. 5&6 , 12&13 and 19&20.)
Holiday Extravaganza is FREE!
ALSO: Complimentary Carriage Rides…3-5pm 5pm, Nov. 30 and Dec. 6, 13, 20…From Outside Dolce Lusso Salon and Spa, 3050 Howard Avenue @ Nevers Street! 30
Thanksgiving Dinner at Coastal Restaurants
You are invited to join folks at the Boundary House in Calabash for their Thanksgiving meal…Entree’s of Turkey, Ham, or Prime Rib include Turkey Gravy, Traditional Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Traditional Yams, Green Beans, Cranberry Sauce, Boundary House Salad, Noon-alcoholic beverage with choice of Pecan Pie Or Pumpkin Pie for dessert. Adults $24.95…Children 12 & Under $15.95
Appetizers available: Basket of Croissants $5.95…Crab Bites $9.95…Fire Cracker Shrimp $9.95
Reservations Only (Call: 910-579-8888) for 6 seating times:
The Brentwood Restaurant & Wine Bistro
Enjoy a Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner served Family Style at the Brentwood Restaurant In Little River, SC…Thanksgiving Day On Thursday, November 27th…11am – 7pm. Please make reservations early by calling 843-249-2601 (No on-line reservations, Thanks!)
Brentwood Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner:
- Brentwood Salad
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Hickory Smoked Ham
- Corn Bread Stuffing
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- Sauteed Vegetables
- Turkey Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
- Apple Pie Or Pumpkin Pie
Adults $29.95 ($8.95 for Children 10 and Under…Children 3 and Under are Free!)
House of Blues
Dinner Buffet entrees include:
- Hand Carved Turkey
- Roast beef Au Jus & Horseradish Cream Sauce
- Boiled Shrimp
There are a variety of delicious side dishes PLUS Desserts include Chocolate Banana Pudding, Pecan Pie, & Pumpkin Pie!
Adults $22 and Children $9.50 …. $1 from each meal will be donated to Sea Haven Youth Shelter!
***Other area restaurants are also having Thanksgiving Dinners. You can check online for more info if you are interested. Happy Thanksgiving!***
Calabash Deli Introduces… Thanksgiving Dinners To Go
- All white meat Turkey Breast, Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry Relish & Pumpkin Pie
- Your Choice of Vegetable: Corn, Green Bean Casserole, Broccoli, Glazed Carrots
- Your Choice of Starch: Mashed Potatoes, Sweet Potato Casserole, Macaroni & Cheese, Oven Roasted Red Potatoes
- Your Choice of: Bread, Biscuits, Corn Bread, or Dinner Rolls
- Small Dinner Feeds 2 People: $36.95
- Medium Dinner Feeds 4 People: $73.95
- Large Dinner Feeds 6 People: $110.95
All Items are available for Individual Purchase!
***All Orders must be placed by Sunday, November 23, 2014.
***Orders must be picked up Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Please Call with any questions (910) 579-9801
Area Winery Events
La Belle Amie Winery
La Belle Amie Winery in Little River, SC
offers Special Events with live Music Plus Wine tasting, a Winery Tour and a Winery Gift Shop!
Special Events for The Holiday Season 2014:
- November 15…Winestock ($8)
- November 29…Holiday Spirits Bonfire ($3)
- December 6…Holiday Music ($5)
- December 27…Yuletide Music & Bonfire ($3)
Wine Wednesdays & Wine Down Fridays Events are Free to Attend & With Live Music! La Belle Amie Winery is Open Monday – Saturday…10am – 5pm.
Check It All Out @ www.labelleamie.com OR Call: (843) 300-9463
Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland
World’s Largest Drive-Through, Fully Synchronized, LED Christmas Light Show! NOW Through January 4th, 2015 @ Myrtle Beach Pelican’s Ball Park (1251 21st Avenue North, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577) DUSK – 10pm Every Night…Including Holidays & Even in the Rain!
Feedback & Music @ www.Shadrackchristmas.com
- Car or Van…$25.50
- Activity Van/Mini Bus…$40
- Tour/School Bus…$5 Per Person
- Book = email@example.com
- Info @ 888-321-7547
Ripley’s Festival of Trees
Annual “Festival of Trees” Hand Decorated Trees…One for Every U. S. State and Territory At Ripley’s Aquarium @ Broadway at the Beach (29th Avenue North in Myrtle Beach, SC) NOW through December 31st, 2014!
Visit Ripley’s Aquarium …Open 9am Daily!
How Much (Plus tax) ? Free With Admission to Ripley’s Aquarium… Prices until 11am :
- $22.99 Ages 12 & Older…11am – 5pm @ $23.99…5pm til closing @$21.99
- $12.99 Ages 6 – 11…11am – 5pm @ $14.99…5pm Til Closing $11.99
- $4.99 Ages 2 – 5...11am – 5pm @ $5.99…5pm Til Closing $4.99
- FREE at All Times for Ages 2 & Under
Information: 916-0888, 800-734-8888 OR www.ripleysaquarium.com
45th Annual S.C. State Bluegrass Festival
The S.C. State Bluegrass Festival is a Three-Day event…November 27, 28, & 29 @ The Myrtle Beach Convention Center at Oak Street and at 21st Avenue North (918-1225)
There are a variety of scheduled Performers on each night day…
- Starting on Nov. 27 with The Gentleman of Bluegrass, Noon – 3:50 pm
- Starting on Nov. 28 with Spinney Brothers , 11am – 5pm
- Starting on Nov. 29 with Appalachian Express, 11am – 3:45 pm
- Scheduled Performers and Times are in the Sun News Kicks! , Friday, Nov. 7th Edition.
- Check the Website for info @ www.adamsbluegrass.com Or Call: 706-864-7203
How Much ?
- Daily $40 General Admission
- $45 Reserved Seating for ages 16 and older
- $90 and $95 respectively for a Three-Day Pass
- $20/$25 daily for ages 7 – 15 Or $40/$50 for Three-day Pass
- Anyone 6 or Younger is Free with a Paying Parent
- $3 Parking daily, But Free for Vehicles with Handicap Designation
Charles Dickens Celebration…Third annual in Southport , NC
Enjoy the “Dickens Christmas Review” performances by Oakwood Waits Carolers of Raleigh, as well as members from Brunswick Little Theatre, and Winding River Players …At the Charles Dickens Celebration in Southport, North Carolina…November 29…3 -6 pm @ Southport Community Building, 223 E. Bay Street!
How Much ?
Also : Victorian Social, between revues, under Tent on Patio, Including Cash Bar, Appetizers, Entertainment, & Silent Auction…From which proceeds will benefit Brunswick Arts Council
Information: 910-371-2641 OR www.brunswickartscouncil.org
Dickens Christmas Show…33rd Annual
- Nov. 13, Thursday…9am – 6pm
- Nov. 14, Friday…9am – 8pm
- Nov. 15, Saturday…9am – 9pm
- Nov. 16, Sunday…Noon – 6pm
A Multitude of Shopping & Entertainment Options in a Victorian Holiday marketplace with Period Clad Vendors Offering:
Enjoy Gourmet Foods and Holiday Decor with:
- Strolling Musicians
- Tea Leaf Readers
- Punch & Judy Shows
- Shadow Box Displays
- Life Size “Historic Santas Through the Ages”
- Meet Real Live Santa!
- Elaborate Festivals displays of Trees, Tables, Wreaths & The Festival of Worlds!
- Silent Auction with 100% going to Non-Profit!
More Info @ www.dickenschristmasshow.com
Intracoastal Christmas Boat Regatta…30th Annual
The Intracoastal Maritime Regatta….A Spectacular Maritime Parade Begins at Little River Inlet Saturday, November 29th @ 5pm and winds South to Dock Holidays Marina, arriving at 7pm! There are many viewing areas along the way, OR you may want to book a reservation at one of the wonderful Coastal restaurants with a View! Fibbers-on-the-Water, owned by the Carbone family of Brunswick Plantation, is in the Little River Inlet with a great View of the Regatta! Better reserve early though to be sure of a seat!
Boats All Dressed up for Christmas are an Inspiring Sight to See! Please be sure to take a Toy for the “Toys for Tots” program Or a donation for the Humane Society, as there will be places to collect them along the viewing places…Including restaurants! In the Spirit of the Season…We want everyone in Horry County and Coastal Carolina to have a very Merry Christmas!
More Info on the Intracoastal Christmas Regatta @ www.christmasregatta.com Or Call: 843 249-8888.
Experience the Christmas Story First-Hand this year! Live Outdoor Drama of Bethlehem Live Presented At Beach Assembly of God @ 6730 Ocean Hwy W. (Hwy 17 MM8) Ocean Isle Beach, NC… On November 28, 29, and 30 PLUS December 5, 6, and 7.
Reservations Required…FREE Admission…Call 901-579-9701 Or @ BEACHASSEMBLYOFGOD.ORG
Christmas Train Show…7th Season
All Aboard for the Christmas Train Show at the Grissettown Longwood Fire Department, Station Central for dozens of Model Trains…December 4 – 7, 2014!
- Thursday, December 4…6pm – 9pm
- Friday, December 5…6pm – 9pm
- Saturday, December 6…10am – 4pm
- Sunday, December 7…10am – 4pm
Conductors of the Train Show are members of the Intracoastal Model Railroad Club.
- Smallest “Z”scale toted in a suitcase
- Larger N, HO, O and G-Scale Models
- Displays are highlighted with Authentic Train Sounds…Adding Bells & Whistles to an already popular pastime!
- Train Vendors
- Food, Including Baked Goods
- Santa Claus!
- A Train Raffle
Free Admission! Call for Info: 910 – 287-3030
Christmas Shows…Live @ Theaters
Alabama Theatre Presents…The South’s Grandest Christmas Show! NOW through December 31, 2014! This Christmas Extravaganza of Song, Dance, & Laughter with Amazing Talent, Holiday Scenery, & Special Effects comes to the Grand Strand for a Spectacular Holiday Musical!
Comedian, Ricky Mokel is featured in shows offering his special brand of comedy!
New Year’s Eve has two shows…3:00pm & 9:15pm!
In Addition to the regular 7:30pm shows, there are afternoon Shows at 2pm on the following dates:
- Tuesdays…November 18 Plus December 2, 9, and 16.
- Fridays…November 21 & 28 Plus December 5 and 12.
- Saturdays…November 22 and 29 Plus December 6, 13, and 20
- NO Shows are scheduled on November 23 & 30 Or December 14th…They are To Be Announced!
Check out Alabama Theatre 1-800-342-2262
Learn about the Alabama Theatre & scheduled concerts on Barefoot Landing at Myrtle Beach, SC @ www.alabama-theatre.com
The Carolina Opry Christmas Special
The Carolina Opry Christmas Special is NOW – January 3! There are evening performances at 7pm , as well as Selectively Scheduled Matinees at 1pm! Please check the website for more info and the Performance Schedule www.thecarolinaopry.com. You may also call: The Carolina Opry@ 800 843-6779
The are no Sunday performances… Except for a performance on December 21st! (Other dates that are not scheduled are November 27 & December 23, 24, & 25,)
The 2014 Carolina Opry Christmas Show is beautifully blended with Time- Honored Tradition and New Talent mingled with long-standing Opry Favorites! Calvin Gilmore, owner, producer, and entertainer of the Carolina Opry, states simply: “I can’t tell you how proud I am to present this Christmas Show. It has a proud tradition to uphold and this year’s production is So Good – It is kind of like the Angel on Top of the Tree!”
In addition to the Holiday Brass Section, there are several new vocalists as well as an award winning cast of over 35 Carolina Opry Favorites! “All That”, stars of NBC’s America’s Got Talent, will offer all-new dance material to heat up a cold winter evening – And Some Big Surprises! You will enjoy the fabulous Carolina Opry Dancers-And a Real Horse-Drawn Sleigh and Real Snow!
Kicking off along with the 29th Season of the Carolina Opry Christmas Special is an unprecedented campaign to raise $10,000 for the local Children’s Miracle Network! Gilmore has arranged several opportunities for patrons to give to local children in need of medical care – including Santa landing with balloon rides, paper balloon decorations in theater, and two dedicated performances with $5 of each ticket going straight to The Children’s Miracle Network!
The Theater will “Deck the Halls” with over 35 Christmas Trees (Including a 30 foot Lobby Tree with 25,000 lights), 75 Wreaths, Over 5 Miles of Tree Lighting Wire, Countless Tree Ornaments, and Mounds of Christmas Snow!
The Carolina Opry Christmas Special brings the Warm, Wonderful, and Fun Spirit of Christmas to Life with Music, Comedy, and Dance!
Atlantic Theatre Presents “A Christmas Carol”
A Christmas Carol is presented on stage at the Atlantic Theatre on Thursday – Saturday …November 27 – December 21!
The Atlantic Theatre is @ 900 79th Avenue, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 (Lots of Free Parking is available!) Reservations & Info: Call: 877 – 287-8587 Or @ ATLANTICSTAGE.COM
Long Bay Symphony
Long Bay Symphony Youth Orchestra Concert…Wednesday, November 19 @ 7:30pm @ Myrtle Beach High School Music & Arts Center…3302 Grissom Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC.
- Saturday,December 6 @ 7pm…Trinity Church @ 3000 N. King’s Highway, Myrtle Beach
- Sunday, December 7 @ 3pm…Wheelwright Auditorium, Coastal Carolina University
- Sunday, December 7 @ 7pm…Lady Star of the Sea, 1100 8th Avenue N. , North Myrtle Beach
Call for Tickets: (843) 448-8379 OR @ www.longbaysymphony.com
Palace Theatre Christmas Shows
Jersey Nights Christmas Special
The Jersey Nights Christmas Special at the Palace Theatre in Myrtle Beach, SC …Celebrating The Best & Most Beloved of Frankie Valli & Four Seasons Songs Plus a Mixture of Holiday Classics! Enjoy Four Magnificent Male Vocalists With Sensational Dancers for a Delightful Evening to Savor the Season!
Jersey Night Christmas Special…NOW through December 20, 2014 (Presented in the Palace Theatre Main Auditorium) :
- Tuesday – Saturday @ 7:30pm
- Wednesday @ 10am
- Thursday @ 2pm
- White Christmas
- Jingle Bells
- Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Oh What a Night
- Walk Like a Man
- Big Girls Don’t Cry
- Can’t Take My Eyes Off You
Reservations and More Info @ Phone: 800-905-4228 OR www.PalaceMB.com
Palace Theatre “Nutcracker”
Enjoy a Performance of “Nutcracker” …A Musical, Christmas Tradition In Partnership with the “Coastal Youth Ballet” !
- Monday, December 15 @ 10am (Special School Show Length Production)
- Monday, December 15 @ 7pm
- Tuesday, December 16 @ 10am (Special School Show Length Production)
- Tuesday, December 16 @ 7pm
- Sunday, December 21 @ 2pm & 7pm
- Monday, December 22 @ 7pm
Reserve Tickets @ www.palacetheatremyrtlebeach.com Or Call the Box Office @ 800-905-4228
Christmas at Pirates Voyage Dinner Show
Enjoy Christmas at Pirates Voyage Dinner & Show …NOW through December 31st! Most dinner shows @ 6pm….Some also at 4pm or 8:30pm. Check Show Schedules & Reserve @ www.PiratesVoyage.com Or Call (800) 433-4401. (Pirates Voyage is a Dolly Pardon Company!)
***Pirate’s Voyage has a dinner show on Thanksgiving, November 27 @ 6pm AND a New Year’s Eve Show, December 31st @ 6pm***
Enjoy a Christmas to Remember:
- When First Mate Cratchet encourages Captain Scrooge to celebrate Christmas, and the unconvinced Scrooge is visited by Three Christmas Spirits – One from his Past, One from his Present, & One from his Future!
- Journey with Scrooge through time in an awe-inspiring Live nativity Scene!
- Mary rides on a Donkey with Joseph leading the Way!
- Baby Jesus lies in the Manger as Three Kings enter on camels & offer their Gifts.
- The Finale…Watch Treasure Chests and Trees coming out of the water and Ornaments descend from the sky!
At the Pirates Voyage, the audience is part of the Action!
Barefoot Landing in N. Myrtle Beach offers a variety of Attractions, Dining, Entertainment, Shopping, Nightlife, and More! Check it all out @ www.barefootlanding.com
Broadway at the Beach (1325 Celebrity Circle, Myrtle Beach, SC) Offers a variety of Attractions, Dining, Entertainment, Shopping, Nightlife, and More! Check it all out @ www.broadwayatthebeach.com
Brookgreen Gardens Presents: “Nights of a Thousand Candles” December 4 – 6, 11 -13, & 18 – 20 in 2014!
Nights of a Thousand Candles has Brookgreen Gardens Come to Life amid the soft glow of More Than 5,500 Hand-Lit Candles & Countless Sparkling Lights from 3 – 10 pm.
Walk the paths with a warm cup of cider, hear the sounds of Hand Bells Ringing, Carolers Singing, and “Celebrate the Season” with Family & Friends!
- Beautiful Candle & Light Displays
- Exceptional Entertainment
- NEW: 80-foot-tall China Fir Tree decorated with 60,000 Lights! Located in the Arboretum, this beautiful tree will be lighted at 5:45pm Every Night in a Ceremonial Fashion!
- Peppermint Forest in the Children’s Garden
- Ice Garden in the Lower Left wing Garden
- Garden by Candlelight
Info on Brookgreen Gardens and Events, Reservations & Admisson Ticket Prices…Call (843) 235-6000 Or 800 – 849-1931 OR www.BROOKGREEN.org
Brookgreen Gardens is a National History Landmark with thousands of acres of Lowcountry History…Located in the Myrtle Beach area (U.S. Hwy. 17 between Murrells Inlet and Pawley’s Island @ 1931 Brookgreen Drive, Murrle’s Inlet, SC 29576).
*******Restaurant of the Month*******
Carrabba’s Italian Grill
Carrabba’s Italian Grill is a Family Inspired Restaurant! There really members of two families, The Carrabba & the Mandola families, that married and combined the love of the good cooking they grew up with to inspire their very successful restaurant business! The combined family has its roots in Sicilian foods and was also influenced by Creole and Southern cooking. Johnny Carrabba and his uncle, Damian Mandola, are the founders of Carrabba’s Italian Grill, now located in several cities , including Myrtle Beach and Wilmington, North Carolina! The closest one we are most familiar with is located @ 1015 HWY 17 N. in North Myrtle Beach, SC. We are lucky to have such a delightful & delicious restaurant just minutes from Brunswick Plantation!
- Monday – Thursday…4pm – 9:30 pm
- Friday…4pm – 10pm
- Saturday…11am – 10pm
- Sunday…11am – 9pm
Info: Call (843) 467-2600 Or @ www.carrabbas.com Check Out “Amore Monday” with 3 great courses starting at $12! Ask about the “Amici Club” with access to exclusive Offers & “Invitation Only” Events!
- Beef, Pork, & Veal
- Oven Baked “Al Forno” Translating to “From the Oven”
- Pasta…Whole Grain Spaghetti available for most dishes.
- Signature Combinations
- Roman-Style Pizza…Traditionally Made & hand-kneaded with Fresh Toppings & Baked in a Brick Oven with Authentically Rustic Thin & Crisp Crust
Comments from Guests include: Tender, Perfectly Cooked Steak..Awesome Calamari & Hot Bread with Dipping Sauce, Delicious Desserts!
The atmosphere is described by guests as charming with friendly and personable service! Treat Your Taste Buds to a dinner at Carrabba’s Italian Grill ! “Buon Appetito!”