Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ,located in North Carolina… just 3 miles from the South Carolina border, is always the Two State Solution to Fun! Coastal Living News and Events is a way to keep you posted on the many interesting and Fun activities such easy access from our lovely gated community! Come on Down for “A Better Way of Life”!
St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations
Parade @ 9am on Saturday, March 15
After the parade, Main Street in north Myrtle Beach comes to life with a St. Patrick’s Festival!
- Coldest Irish Brews & Famous Irish Food
- Bag pipers
- Irish Folk Songs & Dance Teams performing on stage on the street!
- 2 Stages with Live Entertainment!
- Arts & Crafts Exhibitions
- Children’s area with rides & games!
Festival at The Market Common…Saturday, March 15 from 11am – 6pm Enjoy:
- Traditional Irish Food & Beer
- Oyster Roast
- For the Kids…Face painting & Inflatables!
House of Blues @ Barefoot Landing on March 28th!
Beer Fest features samples of Craft Beers from around the country! Tickets will be sold in sessions with VIP tickets available for 100 People Per Session!
More @ www.myrtlebeachbeerfest.com
- Session #1 – 2pm – 5pm
- Session #2 – 6pm – 9pm
- Over 100 Craft Beers
- Live Acoustic Music
Thursday through Saturday, March 20 – 22 …Kings Highway (Former Myrtle Square Mall Site)
“Run to the Sun” has been Myrtle Beach’s Premiere Car Show for more than 20 years! Three full days of cruising along Ocean Boulevard, Car Shows, & Races bring car enthusiasts from everywhere! Described as the “largest independent car & truck show on the East Coast” with 3,000-plus cars and trucks from all over the United States! www.peedeestreetrodders.com
Myrtle Beach Speedway…9am on March 22, 2014! Join the Amazing Color Blast Event where you’ll …Get Blasted with Color while you run the Color Vibe 5k! Sign up & Bring your family & friends and get tagged with Color! More @ http://www.thecolorvibe.com/myrtlebeach.php & http://www.myrtlebeachspeedway.com
Living Out Loud..*Pop * Rock *Beach * Contemporary Christian Music
Saturday, March 22, 2014, 6pm – 10pm Lakeside Conference Center @ Barefoot Landing
- Jeff Zona
- Andy Locklear
- Amanda Horton
- Jason Cox
- David Love
- Christine Cox
- Marc Chesanow
- Mike Jacobs
- Steve Kirkman
- PLUS Surprise Guest Performers!
Complete Italian Dinner, Drink & Dessert w/All Admissions… Tickets In Advance Call: 843 – 399-PRAY (7729): $23 per Adult & 12 + & $16 per Child Ages 2 – 11
Tickets At Door: $25 per Adult & 12+…$18 per Child Ages 5 – 11
Train, Planes, and Automobiles
Myrtle Beach Mall on March 29th …10am – 5pm! Southeastern Modelers Club will have…Displays, Flight Simulators, Trains, Cars Racing and More!
Myrtle Beach Pelicans Baseball
Baseball Season arrives for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans! With 14 Home games in the month of April, the Pelicans offer one of the most Fun and Affordable Entertainment Options on the Grand Strand! Check www.myrtlebeachpelicans.com for Promotions & Theme Days, From Weiner Wednesday ($1.00 Hot Dogs!) to Thirsty Thursday ($1.00 Beer). Join the Pelican Fun!
Carolina Shag Spring Safari
- Local Lounges schedule special parties!
- Popular bands along Main Street playing crowd favorites!
- Shag dance instructors offer Classes to the Masses!
- Night Life in Clubs along Main Street & OD with Friends…Old & New…Shag Dancing to Music that Moves the Soul!
More @ www.shagdance.com
Parade April 12 @ 1pm…Floats and Fun!
April 25 – 26, 2014
9am – 5pm…Holden Beach @ Jordan Blvd. – Under Holden Beach Bridge!
“Days at the Docks” is the Holden Beach way to Kick Off the Spring & Start the Vacation Season With:
- Over 30 Arts & Crafts Vendors
- Food & Crafts
- Live Music & Entertainment
- A Horseshoe Tournament
- World famous “Bopple Race”!
- Activities for the Whole Family!
Southport Spring Festival
Spring Festival in Southport , NC…April 18 & 19, 2014 Times: 10am – 5pm on Friday, April 18 & 10am – 4pm on Saturday, April 19…Franklin Square Park E. West Street, Southport, NC Festival Features:
- Musical Entertainment
- Handmade Arts & Crafts
- Children’s Activities
- Azaleas & Other Plant Sales
- Food vendors
- Chili Cook-off
- 5k run/walk
- No Admission Fees but Small Charge for some Kid’s Activities & Participation in 5k run/walk More Info: Phone: 910 – 279 – 4616
Festival Dates for 2014 are April 9 – 13 With a Variety of Events in the Greater Wilmington Area…The Folks of Southeastern North Carolina are throwing the Best Party in the South & You’re Invited!
- Array of Artwork on Display
- Culture& History
- Garden Tours
- Azalea Queen’s Coronation on April 9th at 3pm on the Wilmington Convention Center’s Great Lawn! Greet Queen Azalea & Court & Azalea Princess …Free Admission!
- Azalea Parade on April 12th …9am – 12pm on Third Street, Downtown Wilmington!
- Check out the variety of Events @ http://www.ncazaleafestival.org
Family Day at Museum of Coastal Carolina
FREE Admission…Museum Admission Waived for the Day!
- Free or Low Cost Crafts
- Games & Activities for the Entire Family
- Opportunity to Tour the Museum’s many Themed Galleries & Touch Tank!
More Info: Phone: 910 – 579 – 1016 Or www.museumplanetarium.org
Local Winery Events
March 15…10am – 5pm
Music (12:30 -4:30) By: The Stringwood Band
Food: Hot dogs & Fixings, Cheese & Fruit Trays, Sandwiches, Chips, & Snacks and Fresh Fruit! Sorry: No beverages Or pets allowed.
Kiss Me…I’m Irish (At Heart)! Celebration of “The Old Country” Live Music with a Roaring Fire, a little wine, & some Good Old Outdoor Cooking! Wear some Green & Bring a Friend! Admission: $3 Per Person OR canned dry good items for area Food Banks & receive a $3 Discount! (Food donation is the admission price!) Club Members Free!
Saturday, March 22, 2014…Noon – 5pm
Music (Noon – 5pm) By: The Andrew Thielen Big Band… An Afternoon of Big Band Music, playing favorites from across the decades! Enjoy sipping Wine and some hot, delicious outdoor cooking with folks having a good time! Have a guided Vineyard Tour (2:30), some exotic wine slushies, & wine sampling! Enjoy the Day, The La Belle Vineyard Way!
- Food By: Smokin’ Pitt BBQ, and by Hunt’s Lexington Style Cooking
- Beverages: (Water, Soda, Beer,& Wine) Available from: La Belle Amie Vineyard
- Admission: $10/Person…$3 Off if you bring two canned/dry good items for the area Food Banks.
- Sponsored By: Anderson Bros. Bank, and EASY Radio 105.9 FM
Bring a lawn Chair & a Friend or two! More @ 843 – 399-WINE (9463) Or www.LaBelleAmie.com (Sorry, no food, beverages, or pets allowed into this event.)
Blues & Jazz Music Fest
April 5, 2014 … Noon – 5 pm
Enjoy Live Blues & Jazz Music, Some great outdoor cooking, and wine samples throughout the day! Bring a lawn chair and a Friend or two! A Vineyard Tour at 2:30 pm to learn about grape vines and the history of La Belle Amie Vineyard!
- Admission for this Event is FREE!
- There is a cost associated with wine tasting starting at $5.
More @ 843 – 399 – 9463 Or www.LaBelleAmie.com
Saturday, April 12, 2014…Noon – 5pm
- Afternoon by a Roaring Fire with Good Friends, Live Music, Wine, & Hot Spiced Mulled Wine!
- Wine Tastings: Available Inside the Shop. $3/Person. Add $2 to Keep the Logo Wine Glass
- Food Menu: Hotdogs, Cheese & Fruit Trays, Fresh Fruit, & Snacks
- Beverages: (Water, Soda, Beer, & Wine) Available From: La Belle Amie Vineyard.
- Sponsored By: Anderson Bros. Bank, And EASY Radio 105.9 FM
Bring a Lawn Chair, a Friend Or two, and Enjoy the Company, Music, & Wine ! More @ 843-399-WINE (9463 Or www.LaBelleAmie.com
Sorry, no beverages or pets allowed at this event.
Art Show through April 30, 2014…
Artists Works on Display:
- David McCune
- Gabriella Lynch
- Michael S. Green
Hooked on Dancin’ with Jim & Wanda York Line & Partner Dance Instruction in The Barrel Room…Wednesdays – March 19 & 26 AND Sunday – March 16!
Check Out the “Amateur Wine Makers Competition” and $4 Friday @ https://silvercoastwinery.com
April 6, 2014 …Performances 3:30 pm & 7 pm The Odell Williamson Auditorium in Bolivia, NC
Bill Cosby, One of America’s Beloved Comedians will make a rare appearance “On Stage” at Brunswick Community College’s Odell Williamson Auditorium!
Tickets can be purchases online Or at the Auditorium Box Office! Phone: 910 – 755 – 7416, 800 – 754-1050 Ext. 7416 More @ www.bccowa.com
Alabama Theatre Guest Artists
Guest Artist Concerts…Call: 1 – 800 – 342 – 2262 Or @ http://www.alabama-theatre.com
Sunday, March 16th at 7pm
Saturday, March 22nd at 7pm
Saturday, March 29th at 7pm
Sunday, April 6th at 7pm
Saturday, April 12th at 7pm
Alabama Theatre is located at Barefoot Landing in N. Myrtle Beach, NC! Check it out @ http://www.alabama-theatre.com
***Restaurant of the Month***
The Grill House is located in the Lowe’s Shopping Center on 2nd Ave. in N. Myrtle Beach..Convenient for eating & shopping!
Steaks are grilled to your personal taste on an Open Flame! “The Best Char-grilled Steaks in Myrtle Beach”!
The Menu has such Variety: Steaks, Ribs, Seafood, Chicken, Burgers & Sandwiches, Pasta Dishes and More! There is a children’s menu! The Early Bird Special… 11am – 6pm…includes 2 Sides plus Tea or Coffee!
The Grill House has a Variety of Wines, Marvelous Ice Cream Drinks, plus Frozen Drinks.
The Coffee Selection includes: Irish, Italian, Baily’s & Coffee, Spanish, & Jamaican!
The main dining room is very relaxing and charming with walls decorated with exquisite paintings…A Feast for Your Eyes!
Grill House Times:
- Mon. – Thurs. 11am – 10pm
- Friday & Saturday 11am – 11pm
- Sunday 3pm – 10pm
- Early Bird Special 11am – 6pm!
The Grill House is a “Delicious Delight in Dining”! Mellow Music provides a gentle and relaxing atmosphere for Family & Friends to enjoy a lovely evening out! Enjoy!
Check out The Grill House @ www.webs4you.com/grillhouse
Everyone at Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resortwishes you a Happy Spring! There is a lot to see and do on Coastal Carolina! Opportunities for Fun await You & Yours. Hopefully, this blog will Light Your Way for Another Great Day in the South!