Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort presents News and Events for the Holiday Season! We once again have many celebrations and activities happening in this vibrant community! There are many Fun Charity events sponsored by our Friends and Neighbors at Brunswick Plantation. The compassion for each other and the community of Brunswick County are a Tradition that brings Joy to All! Thanks to the Time and Talent of all of the Folks here …We are Blessed!
Wednesday, December 4th is the date for this year’s Holly Berry Trail being held from 7pm – 9pm at Homes of our neighbors at Brunswick Plantation. This is a “FUN”-raising event with 100% of ticket sales going to charity. Tickets are $5 each on sale at the Facilitator’s Office. Host Homes will welcome you with an assortment of “Sweet Treats” and beverages! A list of participating residents and their addresses will be given to you when you purchase your ticket! Drive through the neighborhood to see the beautiful lights and decorations & stop at a host home for sweet treats! What a great way to celebrate the season and wish your neighbors a Merry Christmas!
Please join your Friends & Neighbors for the 5th annual Holiday Lighting:
- WHEN: Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 5:30 pm (Rain Sate is Tuesday, December 5th.)
- WHERE: Clayton’s Pond – 8901 Smithfield Drive
Please bring along an appetizer to share! B.Y.O.B.
November BINGO at the Brunswick House
Last Brunswick House BINGO session in 2013 is scheduled:
- Wednesday, Nov. 20
- Games Start at 7pm
- Doors open at 6:30 pm.
The complete set of 12 games will be played with a $125 prize for the last full card game. There is a $100 prize for a Bingo on the Fishbowl Number.
***Admission for the evening is $10…Proceeds will be donated to local charities. Beverages are available…FREE POPCORN!
During the month of November…*Neighbors In Service* will be conducting its annual Sock Drive! NEW SOCKS are needed for men, women, & children. These socks will be distributed to various charities to ensure that people in Brunswick County will be warm this winter!
- Sunday, November 17…After 12 noon, a representative from NIS will be collecting NEW SOCKS in your neighborhood.
- Please hang your donated socks from your mailbox for easy pick up.
- Donation Boxes are in the lobby of the Brunswick House & Plantation House throughout the month of November, if this is more convenient.
Thank You , In advance, for your compassion! Wishing you all a wonderful Holiday Season, from everyone at NIS!
Brunswick Plantation’s 15th Annual “Be An Angel” Wine & Cheese Gathering…To Benefit Brunswick County Foster Children
- WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 7, 2013
- TIME: 2pm – 5 pm
- WHERE: Brunswick House
Please come join your Friends & Neighbors for some refreshments while you drop off your gifts or cards.
- You can also drop off any gift or card at the Facilitator’s Office or to any committee member.
- Toys & Games are needed for boys & girls.
- Gifts may be wrapped or unwrapped but should be marked for a boy or girl and what age.
- Special requests have been made for *Curling irons *cosmetics *mp-3 players & *Walmart Gift cards for teenagers.
- Monetary gifts are also needed to purchase clothing as well as bicycles.
FYI: This year there are 145 children in Foster care …Ages 1 thru 18 years of age in Brunswick County. This is an increase of 20 children over the last year, mostly due to a rise in neglect, abuse and drug use by the parents.
A Little History: Brunswick Plantation has been the largest donator to the Foster Children’s Program in all of Brunswick County for the last several years. Please help keep this Tradition going!
Results Last Year: Thanks to the generosity of Brunswick Plantation residents, Ralph Lilley, John McGinley and the “Toys For Tots” program, & the NIS group….
- We were able to provide gifts to the 125 children in Foster care.
- We also purchased 20 bicycles
- Presented a $ 1255.00 WalMart gift card to be used during the year to provide emergency needs to children
The Foster children need our help, & this is good way to kick off the Christmas Season!
RED HATS Christmas Party
- WHERE: Parson’s Table…Little River, SC
- When: December 12, 2013
- TIME: 5 pm
- RSVP By December 6th
- Payment: $26 including Tax & Gratuity
- Checks Payable to: Barbara Moros.
- There will be a $10 Grab Bag exchange for those who would like to participate
- Cheese & Crackers, House Salad, Fresh Rolls & Cornbread for All
- Menu: Choice of 5 Entrees & 3 Desserts in Facilitator’s Newsletter.
Grissettown/Longwood Fire Dept. Train Show
The Grissettown Longwood Fire & Rescue will be Hosting: Their 7th Annual Train Show (758 Longwood Road, Ocean Isle Beach)
Brunswick Plantation Folks are involved & showing some of their own amazing Trains! Thanks to Bob McLaughlin, Eric Lindquist, & Don Woodwell for their Train Contributions!
- Friday, Dec. 7…6pm – 9pm
- Saturday, Dec. 8…10 am – 4 pm
- Sunday, Dec. 9…10am – 4 pm
- Register for Raffle to win a Train…Raffle Tickets $2 & Three for $5…Drawing will take place Sun., Dec. 8 @4pm
Trains of all sizes for kids of all ages including a “Hands On” Children’s Train. Santa will be available for pictures! Refreshments & a table of sweets will be available, also.Proceeds benefit The Grissettown Longwood Fire & Rescue…More Info: Call 910 – 287 – 3030
- WHERE: 19th Hole/Jasmines at Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort
- WHO: Steve Chapin (Harry’s brother with whom he performed) & “Big” John Wallace (Harry’s Musical Straight Man with a 5+ octave range)
- WHEN: Thursday, January 30, 2014
- TIME: 7 pm – 9 pm
- COST: $20 Per person Or $35 Per Couple
Prepare for Chapin Music, “Behind-The-scenes, & More” from those who worked closest with him.
**19th Hole Specialty Drink For Chapin Concert…Firefly Sweet tea Vodka “Taxi” In Honor of Harry’s song “Taxi”…Taxi Fare is $5 at the Bar!
Want a wonderful way to ‘Thank” our military serving today? When filling out your Christmas cards this year…You could take a Card and Send It To:
- Holiday Mail for Heroes
- PO Box 5456
- Capitol Heights, MD. 20791 – 5456
To make a Service Member Happy this Christmas Season! (Deadline for mailing: Dec.6, 2013) Thanks for all you do at Brunswick Plantation to Honor our Military!
FREE EXERCISE PROGRAM…Mon.,Wed., Fri., & Sat. Morning beginning at 8am until approximately 9am
- Mon. & Wed. – 20 minutes of stretching followed by a two mile indoor walk
- Friday – 3 miles
- Saturday – 4 miles
- Stretch Bands are used for two days of the walking program but they are not necessary. All walks end with a stretching & then a 7 minute upper body program that can be done with or without 3 -5 lb.weights.
- All you need is a pair of walking shoes & the desire to get some really good exercise.
Vinyasa Yoga @ 10:30 am to 11:30 am
This is a gentle yet challenging class for all levels from beginners to experienced yogis. The class will include a creative flow while linking movement to breath as well as longer holds to build strength & flexibility. Tis class is recommended for those individuals with d=few or nor physical limitations (some modifications are available.)
Chair Yoga @ 11:45 am to 12L30 am
This class is suitable for those individuals with injuries or other limitations. This is a gentle practice done mostly seated in a chair for ease of movement and balance. Classes include deep breathing, stretching, and Do-In (Japanese self-massage.) This class will leave you feeling, relaxed, focused, & calm.
COST: $5 Per Class. A Class card for 6 classes is available for $25. All classes are subject to room availability. Please call Michele Dorland at 910-880-3509 with any questions.
Brunswick House Fitness..Mondays – Saturdays
Please check the activities schedule for all Fitness Classes.There is a reasonable Fee for them…Check them out & Stay Fit with your Neighbors & Friends! Classes include:
- Water Aerobics…Mon.,Wed.& Fri. @ 8am
- Water Aerobics…Tues., Thurs. * Sat. @ 8:20 am
- Exercise Classes …Tues. & Thurs. @ 8:20 am
- Yoga…Thurs. @ 10 am
- Zumba…Some Thursdays @ 2pm…Nov. 14 & 21 in November, 2013 Check the schedule for additional classes!
Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort Has It All! Fun Folks who want to “Fit For Life”! Take care of yourself with compassion for others! Sounds like as “Plan” to me during the Holidays and Every Day! May this Holiday Season Bless You & Yours Abundantly!