Sunset River Marketplace
Sunset River Marketplace @ 10283 Beach Drive SW, Calabash, NC… Is a Warm, Inviting Art Gallery…Filled With the the Fine Art Works of almost 200 Local & Regional Artists – All Either From North Or South Carolina!
Welcome to Sunset River Marketplace
Owners Ginny and Joe Lassiter…Encourage You to Take Your Time, as You Meander Through the Gallery! Help Yourself to a Complimentary Gourmet Coffee, Tea & Refreshments; And perhaps have a seat at one of the Bistro Tables before you continue your Tour! Often in the late afternoon, Complimentary Wine is available, too! Ginny & Joe want you to feel like Friends st Sunset River!
Sunset River Marketplace is Open: Monday – Saturday 10Am – 5Pm
Variety Of Art @ Sunset River Marketplace
Virtually Every Genre of Art is represented here!
- Oil & Watercolor Paintings
- Pastels, Charcoal, & Acrylics
- Scratchboard Prints
- Award Winning Photography
- Fine Hand-Blown Glass from the mountains of North Carolina
- Turned Wood
- One-Of-A-Kind Artisan Crafted Jewelry
- Beautifully Woven Fiber Art
- Clay Art with a Wide Range…From Fine Sculptural Pieces To Functional Objects & Seagrove Pottery
Sunset River Marketplace Also offers Custom Framing! The Gallery’s On-Site Frame Shop Offers…Top Quality Custom Framing for Your Art Pieces, heirlooms & Personal Treasures!
The Sunset River Marketplace Master Framer:
- Will help you select the Perfect Moulding for You Piece.
- Cleaning & Restoration are also among the Services Provided!
Art Classes Taught Throughout the Year By Local Professionals In:
- Oil Painting
There are also…After School Classes & Summer Programs for Children!
Current Art Classes
The Fall Art Classes Include:
***Saturday, August 15…1 – 5Pm…Reception for Art Instructors…Meet & Greet! Classes in Oil, Acrylic, Watercolor, Batik, Clay & Pastel.
- Oil Classes…Wednesdays 1 – 4Pm & Fridays 9:30Am – 12:30Pm Weekly, (Two Different Sessions) @ $20/Class…Starting on September 13 with Instructor Ruth Cox
- Watercolor Classes (All Levels) @ $20/Class…Wednesday 9Am – 12Pm…Ongoing, Starts on September 9 with Instructor Terry Sellers Harrison.
- Primarily Pastels…Thursdays 10:00Am – 12:30Pm @ $20/Class…Starting on September 10 with Instructor Jane Staszak.
- Pottery (Two Different Sessions/ Class for All Levels) …Tuesdays 9Am – 12 Noon & Thursdays 9Am – 12 Noon …Starts September 8 with Instructor Jane Truesdale. (Each Six Week Session (w/clay) $130
- Beginning Pottery…(Two Different Sessions) Mondays 9Am – 12Pm & Wednesdays 9Am – 12Pm…With Instructor Jamie Futera (Each Six Week Session (w/clay) $130
- Wednesday, August 19…Beach Scene…w/Dune Fence
- Wednesday, September 2nd…Rowboat
- Wednesday, September 16th…Beach Sunrise Horizontal
- Wednesday, October 7th…Birch Trees
- Wednesday, October 21st…Tobacco Barn
- Wednesday, November 4th…Whimsical Martini Glass
At the Studio, Located about a mile and a half from the Gallery, Intensive Artists Workshops are offered by Nationally & Regionally Known Artists. The comfortable space includes a Large Studio, Kitchen, and More!
The 2,500-square-foot Studio is available to rent for your more intimate Special Events:
- Family Reunions
- Business Meetings
- Product Demonstration
- Cocktail Parties & More
The Studio easily handles 85-90 for a Sit Down Meal Or More than 200 for a Buffet Reception. Depending On Your Needs, Arrangement can be made for Catering, Entertainment, & Other Rentals. They can also Handle Space Alone …With You Arranging the Rest! Call: 910-575-5889 OR 910-269-1552…For a Tour & More Information!
Learn More @ www.sunsetrivermarketplace.com OR Phone: 910-575-5999
Browse through the Art, Pottery, and Jewelry at Sunset River Marketplace in Calabash! You may enjoy taking classes there,too! Professional artists to teach you! Get to know…More Friendly People in North Carolina!What Fun! Just another reason why folks at Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® Enjoy a Better Way Of Life!
Did you enjoy this article?
Get Free Updates