Spring is in the Air…Time for walking on the beach, under sunny skies, with the fresh tang of sea air floating gently through your hair! Folks at Brunswick Plantation and Golf Resort ® know this scene well! Sunset Beach is minutes away with a variety of other charming beaches plus Myrtle Beach within easy reach. Brunswick Plantation is truly the Two State Solution to Fun…In Calabash, NC and just three miles from Little River & N. Myrtle Beach, SC. There are so many fun activities and such a variety of entertainment in this area! Here are a few that may interest You and Yours! Enjoy!
Down By the Waterway
Calabash Waterfront Adventures
Calabash Fishing Fleet
Dolphin Adventures Cruises & Sunset Waterway Cruises…On the Calabash, NC Waterfront
Dolphin Adventure Cruise – Two Hour Nature Cruise…An Adventure for the Whole Family to Enjoy! While on 65′ Navigator…You can watch shrimp boats working their nets, while the crew explains the shrimping industry in the Carolinas. See Dolphins & Sharks feed off the by-catch. The crew will bring aboard live shrimp, fish, crabs, starfish, and other Marine life!
Deep Sea Fishing & Sport Fishing Charters…Enjoy 1/2 Day, 3/4 Day, Full Day, Gulf Stream & Night Fishing…Sport Fishing Charters offered on the 40′ Miss Calabash !
Custom Tackle, Ice, & Bait Included on Every Trip – Drinks, Snacks, & Food available!
All vessels are ultra modern, fast, clean & comfortable…With Latest Electronics & Safety Equipment US Coast Guard Certified!
Calabash Fishing Fleet…Fresh Ocean Fish & Shrimp for Home PLUS Waterfront Seafood Shack with delicious seafood to eat here Or Take Out…11am – 8pm Now & 9pm in Summer! Seafood Shack is Closed on Sundays.
Contact the Calabash Fishing Fleet, 9945 Nance St. in Calabash, NC @ www.CalabashFishingFleet.com Or Call: (910) 575-0017 Or (843) 575-0017
Adventure Cruises…The Hurricane Fleet Marina in Calabash, NC! Hurricane Adventure Cruise on the 90′ Hurricane II will engage a working shrimp bot while the Hurricane crew explains shrimping along the Carolinas. Watch dolphins & sharks feed off of the by-catches as the nets are pulled only a few feet from the bow of your boat! See the live catch which includes shrimp, fish, crabs, sand dollars, starfish, and other marine life. Let the crew of the Hurricane II show you Nature Under the Sea!
Hurricane Fleet “Deep Sea Fishing”…enjoy 1/2 day, Gulf Stream Fishing, Night Fishing, Sport Fishing Charters! (Fast Party Boat…15 Minutes to the Ocean!)
Vessels are designed to accommodate the physically challenged & wheelchair patrons. Charters up to 130 People…Vessels USCG Approved with Heat & AC, modern electronics and Large Sundeck!
Depart Monday – Friday…1:30 pm – 4pm (Reservations are not required but recommended)
Dolphin Adventure Cruise…Enjoy a Two Hour cruise on the Hurricane II, a trip for All Ages! Hurricane Fleet Vessels
Hurricane Fleet @ www.hurricanefleet.com Or E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: SC (843) 249-3571 Or NC (910) 579-3660
Calabash Waterfront Restaurants
Calabash Waterfront Restaurants:
- Dockside Seafood House…4pm – 8:30pm More @ www.thedocksideseafoodhouse.com Phone: 910 – 579-6775
- Captain Nance’s Seafood…11am – 9pm Phone: 910 – 579- 2574
- Captain John’s Seafood…4pm – 8:30pm Phone 910 – 579-6011
- Waterfront Seafood Shack…11am – 8pm (9pm summer hours) Daily but Never on Sunday! Phone 910-575-0017 Carry Out Or Outside seating on the Waterfront.
Enjoy your meal with a View of the Scenic Calabash Waterfront!
Summertide Adventure Tours offers Kayak Adventure Tours & Kayak Fishing Tours
Explore the beautiful & diverse maritime ecosystems of southeastern North Carolina’s pristine barrier island beaches. Expert guides take you on a journey through seldom navigated waters…Breathtaking Views, Undisturbed Landscapes, & Exciting Wildlife!
All equipment is provided with instruction for an enjoyable morning or afternoon Kayak Tour! Reservations @ www.summertidetours.com Or Call Toll Free: 877-597-0001
J&L Kayak Adventures
Kayak Tours guided by a specialist with expert knowledge about area and indigenous species of plants and animals with a variety of coastal birds. Enjoy 2 to 6 hour Tours.
Variety of Tours Include:
- Private Island Kayak Tours
- Romantic Couples Tour…Private Tour with Personal Guide!
- Paddle Boat Tours
- Twilight Kayak Tours
- Kayak Crabbing
- “NEW” Dunn Sound Tour
- Waccamaw River Scenic Kayak Tour
More @ www.jandlkayaking.com Or Call: 843026706816
Myrtle Beach Horseback Rides
Trail Rides…March 1st – October 31st Ride on Family Old Country Farm! Ride over 100 acres of old Farm Land, just 30 minutes from the beach…Myrtle Beach, SC!
Locations for Beach Riding: From November 1st – the end of February!
No Prior Experience Necessary…Free Disk of Pictures for Every Family!
Shelling & Lighthouse Cruise
Shelling and Lighthouse Cruise…On The “Carolina Rover”! Cruise on the smooth inland waters to a remote Barrier Island and Beachcomb where the Winyah Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean! The “Carolina Rover” tours through a bird-watcher’s paradise to the Lighthouse that lit the way for a century of seafarers! Enjoy “On Board” Naturalist’s commentary of these historic plantation tidelands!
The “Carolina Rover” Features:
- Shell Collecting & Eco Tour
- Observe Dolphins in their natural habitat
- Sight the Civil War wreck of the Union flagship, Harvest Moon
- Informative commentary by On-Board Naturalist
- Comfortable shaded deck seating
- Available for Private Charters
Summer Cruise Schedule: Enjoy 3 Hour Adventures…Monday – Saturday! Reservations Required @ www.roverboattours.com OR Call: (843) 546-8822 Or (800) 705-9063
“Carolina Rover” is at the end of Broad Street on the Downtown Harborwalk in Georgetown, SCJust close enough for a Perfect Day trip for folks at Brunswick Plantation!
Coastal Adventures By Air
Helicopter Adventures: High Flying Memories to Last a Lifetime!
Helicopter Adventures …7 Helicopters, 5 Landing Pads, and Professional Pilots!
Every Seat is a Window Seat!
Affordable Myrtle Beach Tour packages:
- Daily Tours…Walk-In Service
- Custom Tours
- Private Tours
- Corporate & Private Charters
- Special Event Transportation
Helicopter Adventures, located at 1860 21st Avenue, Myrtle Beach…Across from Broadway at the Beach!
OPEN for Adventure…7 Days a Week!
Winter Hours: 9am – 6pm Summer Hours (Starting Memorial Day Weekend): 9am – 10pm
No Reservation Required…Walk-Ins Welcome! More @ www.HELICOPTERADVENTURES.com Or Call: 1-800-FLY-4FUN
Special Coastal Carolina Events
Strawberry & Wine Fest…Silver Coast Winery
Silver Coast Winery, Strawberry & Wine Fest (Sponsored By: The Old Bridge Preservation Society)
Sunday, April 26…Noon – 5pm! Admission: $5
Silver Coast Winery…Strawberry & Wine Fest Offers Taste Treats:
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Jerome’s Barbeque & Fried Chicken
- Hot Dogs…With All the Fixings!
- Entertainment…Dance Music by: MIKE’S GARAGE BAND
- Fun & Fellowship
- Arts & Crafts
- Variety of Vendors…Authors, Artists, & Crafts Galore!
- Award Winning Wines
Shallotte Farmer’s Market
Shallotte Farmer’s Market : May 2nd…8am – Noon @ Riverside Park, Shallotte…Every Saturday May 2nd – September 12th.
Visit Shallotte Farmer’s Market Featuring:
- Locally Grown Fruits & Vegetables
- Hand Crafted Pottery & Glassware
- Homemade Bread, Cakes, & Cookies
Sunset Beach Art Festival
48th Annual Sunset Beach Art Festival…May 9 & 10 (Mother’s Day Weekend…No Admission Fee)
Sunset Beach Art Exhibit…Located in the Community Center & Firehouse Gallery on 12th Street!
- Live Entertainment
- Juried Art Exhibit…In the Gallery
- Craft Booths…On grass area/Greenbelt between N. Pacific & S. Pacific Broadway to 7th Street.
- Over 150 Artists & Craft persons
- Food & Fun
Sunset Beach & Ocean Isle Free Concerts
Sunset Beach Free Concert
“SMOKIN HOT With GARY LOWDER …Wednesday, May 27th 6:30 – 8:30pm
Concerts are Every Wednesday through September 2, 2015…6:30 pm – 8:30 pm…Mainland at the Gazebo in Village Park on Queen Anne Street!
“RUBBERBAND” will perform “In Concert” next at Sunset Beach on Wednesday, June 3….6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Ocean Isle Free Concert
“HOLIDAY BAND”…Friday, May 22nd…6:30 – 8:30 @ The Museum of Coastal Carolina, 21 East Second Street, Ocean Isle Beach, NC!
FREE Ocean Isle Beach Concert Series will be Friday Nights…6:30 – 8:30 through September 4, 2015!
“BAILOUT”…Friday, May 29…6:30 – 8:30 will be the next concert in May!
Long Bay Symphony… Featuring Tom Becker “A Tribute to John Denver”
“A Tribute to John Denver” presented by: The Long Bay Symphony Featuring Tom Becker…A Former member of the legendary Folk Group, “The New Christy Minstrels”
Saturday, April 18 @ 7:30…At the Odell Williamson Auditorium in Supply, NC. Reservations @ www.bccowa.com OR Call Auditorium Box Office: 910- 755- 7416
La Belle Amie Winery
La Belle Amie Winery in Little River , SC …Open Monday – Saturday 10 AM – 5 PM (Closed only on Sundays) with many delightful events plus a tasting room and gift shop!
La Bella Amie also has Special Fests with live music. Fests Coming Up soon:
- Saturday, April 18…April Music Fest…Noon – 5 PM Music By: The Marsha Morgan Band & The Carolina Midnight Band
- Saturday, May 2…Key West Music & Wine Fest
- Saturday, May 23…Memorial Music & Cookout
More About La belle Amie & Fests @ www.labelleamie.com Or Call: 843 – 399 – 9463 Bring a Chair and a Friend and Enjoy! Cheers!
Blue Crab Festival
“Little River Blue Crab Festival”, Historic Waterfront @ Little River, SC …Saturday, Mat 16 & Sunday, May 17, 2015…9 am – 6 pm Both Days!
- Blue Crabs and a Variety of other Tasty Foods
- Variety of Vendors…From far & near!
- Arts & Crafts
- Children’s Area
- Live Entertainment
- Family Fun
Admission: $5 for the Day OR Pay in Advance: $4.00 for one Day & $8.00 for two Days. www.bluecrabfestival.org Or Call: 843 – 249-6604
Please Note: No Dogs or Pets, Please.
SOS Spring Safari
The Society of Stranders, SOS, celebrates the Shag Dance and Beach Music with the SOS Spring Safari in North Myrtle Beach! Join the Fun…April 17 – 26, 2015 Celebrate the biggest adult party on the East Coast!
The Night Life is the Big Attraction:
- Dancing the Shag to Beach Music
- “Tea Parties” at Local Lounges in N. Myrtle Beach
- Popular Bands playing on Main Street
- SOS Parade on April 25th @ 1 PM!
SOS Spring Safari…Where Friends Meet, To Enjoy the Lifestyle, Music, & Dance!
Dragon Boat Festival
Dragon Boat Festival…April 20 – 24 Practices…Race Day , April 25th, Dragon Boat Festival 8 Am – 5 PM…Free Fest!
Venue: Grand Park… Market Common @ Myrtle Beach, SC
Dragon Boat Races…Visually Spectacular, Events held Round the World!
Dragon Boating is the fastest growing international team water sport today, featuring boats of 20 paddlers & 1 drummer in a competition to paddle across the Finish Line with the Fastest Time!
More Info @ www.mygroundzero.com OR Call: 843 -497-0580
Dragon Boat Festival:
- Free Lunchtime Concert By: Group 1 Crew
- Family Fun Zone
South Brunswick Islands CRAFT FAIR
Craft Fair…Saturday, June 20…10am – 3pm …Brunswick Community College …Reserve Table by: May 20th
Call: Gaye Fulford @ 910- 755-7419
Military Appreciation Days
Military Appreciation Days are celebrated May 1 – 31, 2015! There are many events and activities in the Myrtle Beach area and All over the United States to Honor our Men and Women in Uniform…And their Families!
Military Appreciation Days in Myrtle Beach Include Special Tributes the military who served:
- Iraq & Afghanistan Veteran’s Tribute…Noon on Saturday, May 2nd @ St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church…Honored By: Rolling Thunders ® SC3. Following Opening Ceremonies and Lunch…There will be entertainment by Local Bands.
- Vietnam War Veterans will be Honored by Display of the Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall, as well as, The Quilt of Tears…On Display Thursday, May 14 – Saturday, May 15….On Ocean Blvd. Between 8th & 9th Ave. North. Please Note:
***2015 is the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War***
- Veteran’s March @ 9 AM on Monday, May 25th…16th Ave. N. – 9th Ave. N. A brief Ceremony will be at 11 Am at the former Pavilion Site. This is a Veteran’s March…Not a Parade.
Military Appreciation Day Parade is Saturday, May 16th at 10:30 AM…Ocean Blvd. in Myrtle Beach, SC.
U.S. Army Veteran, J.R. Martinez is the Grand Marshall of the Parade to Honor our Military for their service to our country. J. R. Martinez was also a Dancing With The Stars Champion.
Following the Parade, there will be a picnic from Noon – 2 PM… Free for All Military Personnel, Veterans, and their Families. National Guard and Reserve Members are invited & honored at the picnic. The Andrew Theilen Big band will Entertain at this event!
Entertainment in Myrtle Beach
The Alabama Theatre at Barefoot Landing has quality entertainment nightly with The ONE Show of singing and dancing plus comedy! Alabama Theatre Special Guest Shows for this month include:
- Oak Ridge Boys…Saturday, April 18 @ 7 PM
- The Platters, Legacy of the Miracles & The Coasters…Saturday, April 25 @ 7 PM
- Eddie Miles ” A Salute to Elvis & Country Legends”…Sunday, April 26 @ 7 PM
- Rick Alviti & Rick Alviti Showband – “That’s the Way it Was” – Tribute to Elvis…Sunday, May 3 @ 7 PM
- Eddie Miles…”Salute to Elvis & Country Legends…Sunday, May 17 @ 7 PM
Reservations @ www.alabama-theatre.com Or Call: 843 – 272-1111
Shopping, Dining, Entertainment, & Fun @ Barefoot Landing, Highway 17 South in N. Myrtle Beach
Sightseeing and Dinner Cruises on the Barefoot Princess Riverboat @ www.mbriverboat.cvom
Check out…All That Barefoot Landing has to offer You & Your Family @ www.bflanding.com Or Call: (843) 272-8349 Or (800) 272-2320
************Restaurant of the Month************
The Bagel Dock Cafe is a “Favorite Way to Start Your Day” in Calabash, NC! Many Folks who live here are Regulars at the Cafe for Breakfast And/Or Lunch! Word Spread Fast and visitors to the area made The Bagel Dock Cafe a favorite of theirs, also! Carmine and Margaret Barbaro from Long Island, New York…Opened the Bagel Dock Cafe with their wonderful Long Island Bagel Skills! The Bagel Dock Cafe immediately became popular for the variety and flavor of their tasty bagels & delicious Spreads…All made Fresh Daily!
Carmine and Margaret have had Bagel Cafes in Long Island and New Jersey before moving to North Carolina. They had one “Union Bagel” and two “Bagel Masters”. Bagel Masters is a good name for them, as they truly are Bagel Masters! Barbaro couple moved to Calabash after visiting a relative who lived in the area a few years ago. Now they call Calabash Home!
The Bagel Dock Cafe that they started in Calabash originally was so successful that they knew they needed a larger venue to accommodate their many customers. So, the Grand Opening of their NEW Bagel Dock Cafe was on April 3, 2015. The new building is twice the size of their original location and is located at 1162 River Road in Calabash…The road to the Calabash Waterfront! It is also very popular already…With Regular and New Folks meeting there daily for Good Food & Friendship!
Bagels & Spreads Include:
- Bagels with Butter or a variety of Flavors of Cream Cheese
- Baker’s Dozen (13 Bagels)
- Mini Bagels
- Flats…With Butter Or Cream Cheese
- Lox Spread on a Bagel
- Sun-Dried Tomato
- Apple Cinnamon
- Raisin Walnut
- Olives & Pimento
Variety of Breakfast Sandwiches:
- 1 Egg…With Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Or Taylor Ham
- Hungry Man…3 Eggs, Ham, Bacon, and Cheese on a Sub Roll with Bacon & Cream Cheese, Sliced Nova, Cream Cheese, Onion, & Tomato…Add Cheese If You Please
Lunch Specialty Sandwiches…Served with Side of Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad Or Cola Slaw & A Pickle. Wedge Sandwiches On Your Choice of Bagel, Roll, Whole Wheat, White :
- Honey Como…Grilled Honey Maple Turkey Topped with Swiss Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, & Honey Mustard
- Chicken Cutlet Classic…Golden Chicken Cutlet with melted mozzarella & Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato
- The Club…Choice of Turkey, Ham, Or Roast Beef with Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato
- Ragin Cajun…Grilled Cajun Style Roast Beef with melted Havarti Cheese with Jalapenos & Sauteed Onions
- The Reuben…Corned Beef Or Pastrami topped with Sauerkraut & melted Swiss Cheese
- The Cheesesteak…Eye-round Roast Beef, Sauteed Onions, Grilled red & green Peppers covered with melted American Cheese
- The Melt…Solid White Tune Or Chicken Salad with melted Muenster Cheese & Tomato
- Turkey Melt…Grilled Roasted Turkey with melted Swiss Cheese & Roasted Red Peppers
- Godfather…Ham Cappy, Genoa Salami, Provolone Cheese, lettuce, Tomato, Oil & Vinegar
Burgers…Served with FF, Cole Slaw, & Pickle:
- Bacon Cheeseburger
Variety of Other Sandwiches with Boars Head Meats, Honey Ham, White Fish, Lite Veggie Tuna, Hard Salami, Grilled Cheese…And More!You can also order the delicious Boar’s Head products to Take Home. Enjoy Asiago Cheese Bagels & Bread…Party Plates, too, Just for You!
Pancakes, Waffles, & Salads are among the NEW Menu Items at the New Bagel Dock Cafe & Deli…On River Road!
Bagel Dock & Deli Hours: Monday – Saturday…6AM – 3PM & Sundays 6AM – 2PM! New York Style Bagels..Fresh Daily…YUM! The Bagel Dock Cafe & Deli Grand Opening Excitement is “In The Air”… At their NEW Location On River Road…ENJOY!
Calabash, known for great Seafood Restaurants, also has the Best New York Style Bagels…Outside of New York! Savory Bagels for Breakfast & Lunch …Another reason Brunswick Plantation And Golf Resort ® is truly a Two State Solution to Fun…YUM!